Chapter 8: No more chapter titles because i'm too lazy to make one up

I walked out of my car and immediately spotted Adam the cheerleaders and the football team in the front of the school with all different cliques spread out around them. I breathed in and breathed out then proceeded to walk cautiously towards Adam and his clique.

I walked up behind him while he was in the middle of telling a story and I tapped his shoulder. Everyone immediately stopped and turned to look at me. Some looked at Adam with weird stares and some looked at me with disgusted expressions.

"Can I talk to you for a second" I asked.

"Uhh, about what" he said shifting nervously.

"The project"

"Okay?" He said and followed me as I walked away from the clique.

"Okay, well I-uh just wanted to say sorry for the way I stormed off on Saturday, I was to quick to judge you" I said.

"Oh, no worries. I just thought that you were still mad at me. So I guess we can finish the project today. You finish your part and I finish mine" he suggested.

"Yeah sure, later" I said.

He walked back to his clique shooing his hand. I could see around me people were talking in their groups but they still repeatedly glanced at me.

I mean I guess it was weird. The complete bottom of the food chain talking to the person on the very top. I started to walk towards the school and the bell for 1st period rang. I walked to get to my class and I was the first one there. I sat down in my assigned seat. The teacher walked in and smiled at my presence since I was late on the first day of school. I smiled back.

Soon enough the class started filing in 2 by 2. I swear I was in Noah's ark. Olivia and Lexi walked in and immediately sat in their seats and turned to me.

"Hey Zoelina, have a nice summer?" Olivia said giggling.

"Oh, so now she doesn't want to talk. So, I heard you and Adam hooked up this summer. I'm guessing that he was bored and wanted someone easy, so he chose you. And when he asked you, you threw yourself at him, I mean that's the only reason anyone would want to hook up with you, you didn't think he actually liked you" Lexi fake gasped.

"I heard that they had to do a project to do together and Zoelina thought it was a date" they both laughed while I kept quiet.

"You know what I also heard, that the day after, she went to his house and kissed him, and he slammed the door right in her face!" By now they were all out hysterical.

Ugh, I couldn't take it anymore! "Alright first off Lexi, if anyone is 'easy' in this room it's you. And anyways, me and Adam are just partners. I'm sorry you get sexual partners and classroom partners mixed up just because you've hooked up with every guy you've ever met," I defied.

Lexi turned to Oliva with a shocked face that said "I can't believe she said that". She regained her composure and turn back to me. "Listen up emo freak, I don't know whats going on in your mind that makes you think you can talk to me like that but you better get your mind right or you'll regret that you were ever born. I can make this school a living hell for you, so as long as you live I suggest you never cross me again."

"Lexi and Olivia! I started this lesson 5-" he stopped in the middle of his sentence. "Is that gum you're chewing in my class?" The teacher asked and his face looked like it was red and steaming.

"Uh, yeah" Lexi said like it was obvious.

"Okay, what were you talking about over there that was so important, please come up and tell the class" the teacher said crossing his arms.

Lexi walked up to the front, "I was telling the emo girl about how she should never cross me because I could destroy her life" Lexi said bored and looking at her nails.

"Lexi, are you admitting that you threatened another student on school grounds?" 

"Um, yeah" she said still bored.

"Well you can make your way down to the principal's office and explain it to him," he said starting to write a pass for her to the office. 

"Whatever, as if my uncle is gonna do anything," she said popping her gum.

Yup, her uncle is the principal of the school so she hardly gets in trouble or the punishment is the minimal. Like last year she got into a fight and threw the first hit, yet she walked away with 3 days of suspension while the other person left with 10 days suspension.

"And spit out that gum!" He yelled at Lexi.

                                                        *Lunch*

"So the current rumor is that you and Adam hooked up this summer, and that this morning you confronted Lexi," David said raising an eyebrow.

I shrugged, "I guess, I mean it's no big deal, she was really annoying," I said taking a bite out of my peach.

"What about the rumor with you and Adam?" he asked.

"There is a reason why rumors are called rumors. Never happened, I just met him this week," I replied. "If you knew me at all you wouldn't even have to ask me if that's true" I said. 

"Well, that's kinda the thing, I don't know you because everytime I try to talk to you, you try to make me leave or something," David said shaking his head.

"Well you're talking to me right now aren't you?" I snapped.

"See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I mean, I dont get it. How come became friends with Adam so quickly let, you won't even give me the time of day. I used to think that it was because I hang out with the jocks and cheerleaders but now I know that it's not becasue Adam's a jock too," he said confused.

"Honestly, I don't... know," I said wondering myself.

"Oh, thanks...I love being characterized as a bad person for no reason," he said with a fake smile.

"It's not that, it's just that something about you just makes me not like you...and that didn't sound good either, I don't know I can't describe it, maybe I was destined to hate you," I joked. 

"Maybe..." he said with thought on his mind.

And we ate the rest of our lunch in silence.

                                                                  *After school*

I was just about to get in my car when I heard someone shouting my name.

"Zoelina, hey wait up" Adam shouted running up to me.

"Hey, I got to go, my little sister can't be home alone for too long alone," I said getting in my car.

"Have you been avoiding me?" He asked.

"What, no. Why would you think that?" I asked confused.

"I was calling you in the hallway today but you didn't answer" I tried to remember anytime of the day of me walking in the hallways today.

"Oh, you must be talking about the time I was talking to David when we were going to 4th period. I wasn't avoiding you, I probably just didn't hear you," I replied.

"Oh ok, but I just want you to know that it wasn't me who started that rumor about you," he said with sincerity in his eyes.

 "Oh, don't worry about it, I get that kind of stuff all the time, although they're never true," I shrugged.

"I got to go, bye" I closed the door shut and started to drive off as he waved and watched me drive away with smoke billowing from my beat up car.