Chapter 7: First Date

Sorry for not updating in a while, I went on vacation and didn't have time to write, so here's the next chapter. hope you like it :) In this chapter you see a little more of Zoelina's past revealed, and you also see a little bit of her fun side.

 ******************************************************************************************************

I walked up to Adam's door and knocked. Since we were supposed to do the project together he suggested meeting each other sometime on a Saturday since the project was due on Tuesday and we hardly got anytime to do it in class.

After I finally gave in he suggested we go to his house, which I was also against. But he convinced me with the fact that his house was 2 blocks away from an Art Museum.

The house was small. It was a 1 story with 1 broken window. There were only 3 windows so I'm guessing 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. I knocked on the door again but this time harder. A woman answered the door.

"Hello, you must be Zoelina. Come in, come in!" She said cheerfully."You can go right to Adam's room. It's the 1st one on the right" She said pointing to a dark hallway.

I cautiously walked to the room and knocked lightly before I went in. I was immediately greeted by Adam- shirtless and in the process of putting on his jeans.

"Sorry!" I said and went out the door embarrassed and madly blushing. I went into the living room again to see his mom dusting.

"He's...busy so I'm just going to wait here." I said embarrassed.

She put her hand on her hip. "You're not like the girls Adam usually brings home." Adam's mom said in confusion. A knot in my stomach churned.

"Girls he...Usually... Brings home?" I gulped on the last part.

"Yes, umm how do I put this? Usually wears short skirts, tight tops, I believe the term is sluts.” She said bluntly.

"Oh, well I'm just here for an art project."

”Oh, I see" his mom said nodding her head.

As if on cue Adam came out of his room. He came by me and whispered in my ear "Did you like the show" he said passing by.

I grimaced and rolled my eyes. "No I did not like the show of you half naked, thank you very much" I said loudly.

"Adam!" His mom said appalled.

"You and I are going to have a very stern talk when you get back. Please excuse him Zoelina"

"It’s ok...it’s just" I started dramatically. "-Just all these guys wanting me to do thing and I just say no, I don't want to do that. But they just keep suggesting things and...Sometimes it gets out of control and I-" I said fanning my face like I was about to cry.

"I just don't know if I can keep living like this anymore...I'm sorry, excuse me" I said going out the front door pretending to cry.

As I was going out I saw Adam's mom with her hand to her heart. I could hear Adam's mom inside. "Adam! How could you hurt such a sweet, poor, innocent girl like that?"

"But she's-" "no buts! You will go out that door and apologize.

Then you will head to the art museum and I don't want to hear one word about this for the rest of the day. A few seconds later I saw Adam sulking out the front door.

We started walking "Did you enjoy the show?" I said when he got next to me.

"You suck" he said bitterly.

"Excuse me, I believe you’re supposed to be apologizing right now" I said holding my ear.

“I’m not apologizing to you” he said.