The Quarterback's Gigolo [boyxboy] [25]

Reed P.O.V

I sat on the plane nervously biting my lip. My mind kept flashing back, showing me what was probably the worse mistake of my life… or second worse, the first being to fall in love with Jack. But I couldn’t help it there was something about his sarcastic smirk, blond hair, sky blue eyes that had my heart racing. But in those rare times he actually opened up I saw a different Jack, a Jack nobody else could have imagined existed.

A Jack that was loyal, kind (rarely), stupid, and sexy as hell. A Jack with an opinion, not just a brain dead jock, a Jack that made my heart race, and gave me the orgasm of my life. A Jack I couldn’t have. I sighed again for the 10,000,000nth time. A hand squeezed mine and I looked up into Zeke’s eyes, and the same thought passed though my mind, just like it did every other time I looked at him.

I shouldn’t have let him kiss me. I shouldn’t have kissed him back. I shouldn’t have given him hope; lead him to believe there could be an us. And now there was an us, and I didn’t want that, somehow without the words being spoken, Zeke was now my boyfriend. And I was just plain stupid not to say anything, but then what could I say, he was so happy. I couldn’t ruin that for him.

“What’s wrong?” Zeke asked.

I looked away from his eyes, so he wouldn’t see the lie in mine “Nothing”

“Reed I’m not stupid, you’ve been quiet since last night at Gemma’s party. Please tell me what’s wrong I want to help”

“Just nerves, I’m nervous about how people are going to react to my art”

Zeke studied my face for a while; I saw his cloud over with something that resembles distrust. I didn’t blame him, he had every right to distrust me I was lying to him. I was lying to everyone, lying had become a huge part of my life. And I couldn’t wait till it wasn’t any longer. But I couldn’t see that happening…. In this lifetime.

“You’re thinking about him”

My gaze snapped over to Zeke, I could clearly see the jealousy he wasn’t even trying to hide. Anguish filled my system as Zeke bought him up, I knew that sooner or later we were going to have this argument, and I’d ticked the box for later, but it looked like I wasn’t going to be getting my 1st choice. I sighed again feeling much older than 17.

“Zeke look I’m sor-”

“Don’t be sorry. I completely understand, it takes more than a couple days to fall out of love with someone. And until you do a part of me has to accept that Jack will sometimes be on your mind”

“Aren’t you angry, or upset with me?” I asked confused.

“No I don’t mind you thinking about him, as long as it’s not when your doing something intimate with me” He said winking, a horrible blushed appeared on my cheeks “I’m not angry, I’m a little upset, but more than anything I’m jealous, but I’m willing to wait for you to come round”

I grinned up at him “Honestly your such a gentleman, what did I ever do to have someone like you”

“I’m not a gentleman Reed, I’m just treating you how you deserved to be treated”

I looked away from him, to our tangled hands. Was it wrong of me, to sit here with Zeke, and pretend to be loved up, but was really using our “relationship” as masking tape for my broken heart. Because no matter how much of me was happy that Jack was cool with Zeke and me, a bigger part wanted him to fight for me.

I guess Zeke and Leah’s plan backfired, because it hadn’t made Jack run towards me, all it had made him do was stop running. I could tell he was very pissed off, but I wasn’t sure if that was at me or at Zeke, or if that even changed anything. Did Jack have the right to be pissed off when he claimed he didn’t want to commit to me?