The Quarterback's Gigolo [boyxboy] [8]

Jack P.O.V

I helped Ben pack a few of the disposable BBQs into the back of his truck. Liam and Kyle were sorting out the drinks, Greg was bringing food. The girls were bringing snacks and drinks too. It was Saturday and everyone was pretty excited for this beach party. Reed had been ignoring me for 2 days now; I guess he was really pissed off about what happened in the Art room on Wednesday.

I couldn’t blame him for being upset, but it annoyed me that he was. It annoyed me that all I seem to think about now was him. My mum and Gemma had gone over to Reed’s house for dinner last night; I stayed home with my dad. She and dad weren’t talking still. He’d even moved out of their bedroom and was sleeping in the guest room.

It worried me, I didn’t want them to break up, but they’d been fighting and having arguments for months now, it was only this last week that it was getting really bad. I felt like I was walking on eggshells in my own house, like anything would cause an argument, and they argued loudly over the stupidest things.

Alison was coming tonight, her and her possibly being pregnant was really bugging me. I didn’t know whether to fret and panic and pray to a god I didn’t believe in, or to fully honestly believe Reed. I mean why would he lie? I picked up another disposable BBQ and put it in Ben’s truck, my mind was completely miles away from the task.

Gemma and Reed pulled up then in his mustang, we’d all decided to meet at Ben’s house. Well our group who were setting up decided to meet at Ben’s house. It was central and closest to the beach. Me and Gemma being here meant that mum and dad were in the house by themselves, and it was a Saturday neither of them were working. I sighed maybe they could talk and sort everything out.

I hoped so, if they broke up who would I go live with, my dad because we did football together, he was the one who encouraged me to play and we learned to love it together, he used to come to all my games but now with his new job he didn’t really have time. He’d come for the first half or the last quarter and random things like that. He didn’t come to the last game at all. But I was over it.

I don’t know if I’d go stay with my mum, all she seemed to do was shout and nag it was the only time we ever spoke. But she was by mum I couldn’t leave her could I? Urgh Jack our not even going to have to make that decision, they’ll sort everything out. They won’t break our family up we’ll be fine I reassured myself. Just then I felt something hard hit my back.

I spun around and saw Kyle glaring at me, I looked to the ground and saw he’d thrown a football at me; I looked back up at him, a scowl on my face. I took a step towards him.

“What the hell man?” I hissed.

“Dude, I’ve been calling your name and you just stood there ignoring me!” he growled back at me.

“Oh what did you want?” I said relaxing my stance.