A Friend From A While

As i walked towards the group of furs, their scents wafted towards me, my senses overwhelmed by it as i coughed a bit. I wasn't really used to big crowds, i was always either a loner or in my room, listening to punk or sketching some random furs that never existed. Yet? Good question..

I slowly made my way toward the crowd and caught a familiar scent, like it was a new one. After a while of sniffing, i spotted the fox female i saw earlier. Since she was the only person i had met this entire time that i had arrived or been here, i walked up to her shyly, a bit of confidence in me. Once she caught my scent, she turned and looked at me with a gentle smile.

"Hey there, pup! Finding everything okay? Get stuff situated?" she asked in a nice and gentle tone as she looked down at me, she was pretty tall compared to me, so i could kinda see why she called me pup..

"I-i uh...yeah, everything is okay, i got my stuff unpacked and put away in the chest and my bed made." I replied to her in a quiet way, "I'm just confused about what I'm gonna be doing in this 'game'. And....I'm not really good at...games or competitions.."

"It's not about being good, sweetie. It's about having fun and trying your best. Now now, don't worry about it, i can have you arranged with someone for the game, since i am one of the administrators" she smiled a bit bigger and put her paw to her chest when she said 'administrators', making her seem like a leader. "Come, follow me and I'll help ya" she said as she gently put her paw on  my shoulder and guided me to an area that had only a little bit of furs.

They looked like they would be playing in the game. How come the others weren't going to be? Are they some kind of audience? I questioned myself before i was stopped by the fox in front of the group.

"Introduce yourself" she smiled down at me,"Even i would like to know who you are, you never told me" She added on as her tail whisped around gently, by now, everyone was looking at me.

"My n-name's.....R-r.....r...Raff Windguster..." I said in a nervous and quiet tone while looking around at them.

The group was a mixture of species; lion, house cat, Dragon, Badger, Deer, and wolf-....oh my..a...handsome...wolf staring right at me. I couldn't move, it was like I was paralyzed. His amber eyes looked me up and down a bit, making me get nervous and shy even more as I kicked some dirt a bit out of instinct.

"I don't think I told you my name yet" The female fox spoke to me as she looked down at me, her tail swaying gently.

I shook my head lightly and huffed quietly, "No you haven't, you only helped me with my bags and finding a place to sleep..".

She smiled and gently placed her paw on my shoulder before speaking in a nice tone of voice.

"My name is Summer Kindler. I'm an administrator, someone to keep things in order, just like how i helped you. And I'm sorry for not telling you my name earlier." She then looked at everyone around me. "Treat him nicely, i wouldn't want a bad impression on this camp, it's a place to make friends and have fun, not a living hell." she added with a bit of a lean and cold tone. i guess i just witnessed her rough side.

She then pushed me to the crowd and whispered to me, "Make a friend or two, you will have a lot more fun here if you do~" she was kinda like my mom, but at camp..

I huffed as i looked at everyone. By now, everyone was back to talking among each other.  I watched silently and blinked gently, i knew it was going to be hard for me to talk to them at all because of my nerves and anxiety. That same wolf was staring in my direction, i felt my cheeks get even hotter until i was then jumped on and pinned to the floor.

"Raffy!!!" A male hyena squeaked in happiness as he licked my cheek and let out a couple excited whimpers.

I blushed a bit as i squirmed, confused who it was, "W-what?! Who is this?!" I squeaked a bit as I looked up and saw a pair of familiar blue eyes, "Danny?...Danny!!" I cried out in pure happiness as I hugged him tightly.

Danny was my best friend and always had been for most of my life. Danny was a 15 year old, 5 foot, neon haired yeen (hyena). He somewhat looked like a girl and got bullied for it but I didn't mind, he looked cute just as always. Funny, he was pan (pan sexual) and I still wouldn't date him because it would have ruined our friendship if we dated and then split up.

I looked up at him with my hazel eyes and laughed a bit as I slowly got up after he slid off of me.

"What's up?! I missed you like crazy!" he said loudly as he threw his arms around me, his tail wiggling everywhere excitedly.

"Oh nothin' much, just been relaxing in the AC at home and playing games a lot before I came to this camp, what about you Dan-Dan?" I called him by his nickname as I hugged him back and looked down at him, he was a bit shorter than I was.

"I've been traveling a lot, my mom recently took me to Hawaii. The flight was long and I was bored until I got there and saw all the sights and amazing views and animals and stuff, It was pretty cool. Maybe next time I go somewhere, I can see if my mom will let me bring you along" he smiled at me as he rambled on and on about his trip. He was cut off by Summer, who barked once very loud to catch everyone's attention.

"The game will begin shortly! I will be putting people into 2 groups of 6 soon and then the game will begin! I know i have not yet told what the game will be, but that's the point of a surprise game!" she said as everything was quiet when she spoke.

Danny had walked back to his spot in the crowd that would watch the game after he waved to me and hit my leg with his tail. He isn't going to be in the game?....Oh well..

"Okay! I will call out a few names and those people who I call, will be in one of those groups!" she stood in front of me and 12 other furs, hands on her hips as she looked at us observantly.

()()(()()()(()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()

Sorry for the late update! i've been busy with school and trying to get a class up so i pass! anyways, sorry once again, but for how this chapter ended. Love ya guys!

BTW, this chapter has one of my irl friends in it, galaxyfurryy

I love her to death, she is the best furbud i could have ever asked for!!!!