~ chapter three ~

Last time: PB apologized for kissing Marceline on the roof the past night.  She said that she had just been tired and didn't mean it that way.  Marceline was disappointed and talked to the Ice King.  He was supportive and admitted to having a crush on Fiona.  Marceline is on her way too seek advice from Flame Princess...

~marceline's pov~

I look down at the lava and the fiery gates guarding the Fire Kingdom.  Everything is just so red  it makes me hungry.  Like really frickin hungry.  The guards spot me almost immediately as I make my way down to the wall.  I feel awkward and uncomfortable, sticking out like a sore thumb.  A blue sore thumb. (courtesy of Peppermint Butler of course)

"Hey!  You!  Hold it right there!" yells one of the guards.

I stop.  I'm too depressed to fight them right now.

The other guard walks clumsily up to me and looks at me, from my hair to my toes.  He gets a puzzled look on his face.  "Bob..." He whispers to the first guard.

"Yeah what, George?" The other (Bob, I guess) asks.

George began to stutter.  He looked very scared.  "DUDE ITS A VAMPIRE WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!" He then began to run away from the gate.  Bob followed after him, trying to catch up.  I snickered.  "Pretty stupid if you ask me, why would you run away from home?  Toward an unknown land above the ground...?"  I thought.  Whatever.

I opened the huge gate and floated inside the kingdom.  I was able to find Flame Princess without much searching.  She was sitting on her throne, trying to look intimidating (?).  It was kind of funny to me, but the Flame People were totally buying it, shaking and begging for mercy.  Dang,  I thought, was she always like this?

When she was done scolding one of her terrified subjects, she looked up and smiled at me.  "Oh, hey Marceline!  Did something happen?  Why are you here?"

I just shrugged.  My face reddened as I replied: "I guess I just need some, uh, relationship advice..."

Cinnamon Bun ran in, looking just as blue as me.  Literally.  He was panting and I thought he was in trouble.  "I have set up a table and food for you and Marceline, do please enjoy Your Royal Highnesty-ness" (not in trouble I guess, thank glob)

Flame Princess giggled.  "Thank you Duke Cinnamon Bun,"

Cinnamon Bun strolled away, clumsily (he was trying  to look majestic) to finish his royal duties.

FP and I walked to the small table and sat down.  "So who's the special guy?" she asked. 

Why do people always assume it's a guy?  It's starting to really get on my nerves.  It reminds me of a song by Hayley Kiyoko that I played on my bass one time.  I felt like screaming the lyrics right now: GIRLS LIKE GIRLS LIKE BOYS DO, NOTHING NEW!

"It's not a guy..." I start.  She looked at my quizzically.  "It's Princess Bubblegum." I  finish.

Her jaw dropped and she just stared at me in shock.

~flame princess's pov~

"It's Princess Bubblegum." she said.

I must've looked so stupid.  I knew I was staring.  I knew my jaw was probably on the floor.  I felt so stupid.  How didn't I see this before?

We sat there in silence as I pieced the evidence together.  The blushes.  The looks between the two of them.  How happy they seemed around each other.  It made so much sense.

I closed my mouth and nodded.  I understand now.  "So like, are you a lesbian?  Or bisexual?  Or pansexual?  Or candysexual?  Or like homoromantic  antihaemosexual-flux or some complicated shit like that?"