Chapter 3

Mizzy ran as fast as she could, and about a mile down the road she ran into another person. Sitting in the spot
she fell on, Mizzy looked up into the icy blue eyes that held her prisoner everyday. Chase, her childhood crush.      Of course she'd run into him.
       " Sorry." Mizzy mumbled, trying to avoid his piercing gaze.
   He studied her, noticing the tear streaks down her face. But, before he could say anything Chase's cousin Brad,Lizzy's boyfriend,walked up.
      " Where's Lizzy?" Brad asked.
" Don't worry, the princes, is just a bit further down the road." Mizzy replied acid coloring her tone.
" What's your problem?"
" nothing."
" sure..."
     Mizzy turned back to Chase. He was staring at her, she felt her cheeks heat up as she started too blush. Lizzy finally caught up to them, but kept her distance from her sister. She knew that she needed time to calm down.
      Mizzy made her way to the bus stop, she could feel Chase watching her as she plopped down on the grass. He always watched her, never really talked though. When he did , it was no more than a few words.
       Bowing her head, Mizzy let her dark hair cascade around her face, hiding the blush that continued too creep up her neck. Chase walked up and sat down next to her, so close that if her leaned about a centimeter to the left they'd touch.
   *sigh* " are you ok?" Chase asked still staring at her.
    "uh...,I-I-I'm ...,I mean, I guess." Mizzy  stammered.For some reason she couldn't form a full sentence when she talked to him. Her brain just sorta rebels against functioning correctly.
       Ignoring her nervousness , he smiled at her, which seemed to make his eyes glow, and said," Good," he paused as she turned to face him,"well, Maybe we could hang out after school?"
     Mizzy thought she imagined the hope she saw in his eyes. Still taken aback by his question so all she could do was nod.
  Chase beamed at her and exclaimed," Great!😃" then went back to watching her.
  Meanwhile Lizzy was trying to explain the mysterious outcome that morning had to Brad.
   " She says everyone at school picks on her and I'm to caught up in myself and my friends to notice." Lizzy stated.
  " No way, no one picks on her.....ever." Brad answered irritated.
  " Well then what could she be talking about?!" Lizzy asked glancing at her sister sitting with Chase.
" She's just trying to make you feel bad. Trust me, no one has picked on her. I mean, why would they?"
   Lizzy just shook her head and continued to watch Mizzy with Chase. She could ( and don't go doubting this is really possible) sense the sadness and anger that she'd displayed earlier.
      'There is no way Mizzy was faking,' she told herself,' she still seems upset. Normally when Chase is talking to her she's all bubbly and nervous.'
   " Hey. What's wrong?" Brad asked as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him.
  " Nothing..., just thinking about that stupid test we have in math today" she lied.
  Before Brad could reply the bus pulled up and came to a stop. She watched as Chase stood and offered a hand to Mizzy to help her up. She hesitated but eventually took his hand, he pulled her up but didn't release her hand.
  Lizzy felt troubled, no one really knew much about  Chase. Even though he lived in town most of his life. To her he seemed unstable, like if he was pushed a little he'd snap.
  'When did he become interested in Mizzy?' She thought to herself.
   Lizzy could tell Mizzy was thinking the exact same thing.

🌺🌸🌼🌷🌹💐🌻🌺🌸🌼🌷🌹💐
Thank you so much for reading my story! Plz don't be afraid to tell me what you think, or if you believe I should change something.💝💫☄☀️🌊🙊🙉🙈😝