XXX. (Epilogue)

3am update just for y'all. Excuse mistakes

*3 Years later*

Omniscient.

Megan stood tall in her black pointed toe pumps that matched her black midi dress perfectly. The slight breeze in the September air swayed it from left to right and the drizzling rain turned her straightened hair curly. She watched everyone around her move forward, but she stood in the same place that she had been in. Her body was frozen. Feeling a hand on the small of her back, she let out a heavy breath that she hadn't realize she was holding in.

"Are you okay?" The person asked from behind her, but Megan couldn't bring herself to speak. She just stood still in the same spot with her heels sinking in the mud. She held on tighter to the single red rose between her fingers allowing the few thorns to prick her fingertips. Megan wiped the tears from her face and walked up to the closed shiny black casket that would soon be lowered into the earth. She timidly sat her rose on top of the casket with the abundance of others.

Megan couldn't bring herself to speak to Lauren's parents who were hysterical as her body was dropped six feet under the ground. She turned around and sighed deeply.

"Are you okay?" The same person asked again. She stared up at him quickly before falling into his chest staining his white button down shirt with her tears. He wrapped his arms around her and she cried harder.

She refused to look at the somber look on Melissa's face, as well as Alysia and Jermaine's. It only proved to her that the moment that they were in was real. Beyond real. The girl who she had been through everything with. The girl whose family had taken her in as their own, the girl who she cried to, fought with, hated, and loved again, was now gone. Her sister and best friend was now apart of the Earth that was so beautifully created by God.

Trey rubbed his fingers through her hair and allowed her to cry into his embrace until she was ready to walk off.

"Let's go to lunch." He suggested.

Megan and Trey never divorced, but they had been separated for a few years. Megan hated that Tristan had to grow up in a broken home, but she was happy that Siena got to come to her apartment when TJ did. And she was happy that they could at least be cordial for the sake of the children. Megan graduated from Temple University a few semesters late, but she was proud of be a graduate and she loved being a full time eleventh grade English teacher. Trey coincidentally began to teach high school biology while he furthered his education online to obtain his Master's degree. 

"You look nice." Trey told Megan admiring her red lips and blonde hair as they were seated at a small table in the back of Olive Garden.

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself." She said staring down at her freshly manicured nails.

"I'm sorry she passed away the way she did." Trey said. Lauren and Megan's friendship had blossomed like it never died to begin with and she couldn't help but be sad about her death for many reasons. They were best friends. The last two years of her high school career wouldn't have been the same without her and neither would any other part of her life afterwards. Although it wasn't in the best way, she had her to thank for finding the love of her life and having his child; even if they weren't together. She hated that Alonzo was the cause of her death. She too had become a victim of Alonzo's abuse and she stayed with him solely for the sake of their daughter, who was only going on two years old. Alonzo shot her in the head twice with a silenced gun as she came out of the bathroom preparing for bed with the man she thought to be her fiancé. Their daughter, Londyn, was at her grandmother's thankfully.