VII.

So Megan and Trey are finally together! Yay! Now let the fun begin. *evil laugh*

__________

Lauren.

I hummed along with the early morning tunes that blared through the speakers of CVS as I prepared for my shift. I was glad that it was finally summer, and that I would have more time to pick up more shifts; more money. Plus, I didn't want to go home since my parents and I had yet another disagreement about my life choices. Luckily I was able to stay on campus since I was taking an extra two online summer courses.

"Good morning, welcome to CVS." I smiled warmly as I greeted the customers who entered bringing in the early morning chill with them sending a shiver down my body. Or maybe it was him.

His tall, brown body waltzed in with a gym bag clinging to his broad shoulders. His white tank top showing off his muscles and tattoos, sent that shiver once more. My eyes scanned his body over again, down to his strong runner's calves and back up to his plump lips that I knew could do nothing but please. I finally made my way up to his chocolate orbs and found myself in a daze until he made his way to the back of the store to retrieve whatever he had come in for.

"Lord, thank you for this creation." I whispered as I adjusted my black tights over my bottom and straightened my work shirt so that my breasts could sit up a little better. I ran my fingers threw my jet black curls and smiled when he made his way to the self-checkout machine.

"Well good morning Tremaine." I flirted.

"What's up, Lauren." he responded without looking up at me causing me to roll my eyes.

"I missed you, y'all." I whispered and allowed my eyes to roam down to the center of his black basketball shorts.

"Yeah?" he questioned as he grabbed his receipt and opened the orange gatorade that he had just paid for. "Me and Megan missed you too." he smirked.

"What?" I asked in utter confusion. What the hell does Megan have to do with anything.

"Megan, my girlfriend. I assumed that's who you were referring you when you said y'all."

"Your girlfriend?" I laughed. "Now you have a girlfriend?" I scoffed.

"Get back to work, Lauren." he started. "I've got to go, she misses us." he winked.

Even the early morning chill that the customers brought in as they entered couldn't lower the rising temperature of my body. My blood was boiling. How was it that even in her downfall, she still had everything that I deserved. Trey was mine, and she knew that. She knew that since freshman year. She was only dealing with him to get back at me. I know she was.

I couldn't believe that she would stoop so low. I mean yeah, I take full responsibility for the pain I caused her and I know I was wrong. But she turned right around and did the same thing to me.

And who the hell did Trey think he was? Girlfriend? He hasn't had a girlfriend since I met him. They have to be playing some sort of joke on me together. That's fine. I'll play the game too; and better.

Sinai.

The vacuum cleaner sent an alarming noise throughout my apartment as I did my early morning cleaning while Siena made a mess of the waffles and eggs that she begged for. The house reeked of the satisfying smell of bleach and lemon and I was sure the freshly vacuumed carpet would be dirty again before noon with an almost four year old around the house.

"Mommy." she yelled to be heard over the noise.

"Yes pooh?" I asked turning off the machine and placing it neatly back in its designated spot before plopping down onto the sofa releasing a breath of relief. I was already tired and it wasn't even eight in the morning.