XXII.

continuation of last chapter.

Tremaine.

"Trey, you have to listen to-"

"Is Genesis my child Sinai, yes or no." 

The pause and few seconds it took for Sinai to open her mouth were the longest seconds of my life. She stared up at me, and I saw her mouth moving, but I couldn't hear anything anymore. I looked over at Megan who had tears trickling down her cheeks and a look of sorrow on her face. Her expression let me know that I wasn't hearing things.

I felt my knees buckle and fall onto the smooth wooden floors and I let my forehead follow suit, allowing the coolness of the floor to take over my scorching hot body. 

This shit can't be real. I whispered to the floor. 

"Trey, I'm so sorry." I heard Sinai saying once I was finally able to hear her again, assuming that she had been saying that for a while.

I huffed and finally sat up, positioning my bottom to the floor before roughly wiping away my tears. My heart couldn't take all of this today, but I'd rather let Sinai get the rest of her story out. 

"Just finish the story." I said just above a whisper. 

"So, to make sure you never found out-"

"You killed her." I answered for her, knowingly just above a whisper.

"I didn't do it! But she asked me to help her find someone to do it. She never wanted her, but you were so excited she couldn't bring herself to tell you. I swear I didn't think she would really do it. "

"So you killed her." He said dropping tears onto his black socks.

Megan stood from the couch and walked over to where I sat. She rubbed my back as I cried into my hands. I almost hated her at the moment, but I needed her. Where did I go wrong for the most important people in my life to hurt me the way they did.

"Trey, I'm so so so-"

"Yeah, sorry I know." I sniffled with my head still in my hands. "Who did it? And who's the father because she looked just like me."

Sinai was silent and I lifted my head. "Don't fucking play with me yo!" I all but screamed. I could feel Megan shake behind me from the boom of my voice. "I know you're not about to tell me-" I started, then paused. "Who was it?" I asked, convincing myself that it couldn't be who I was thinking.

"He said he didn't have the heart to tell you because you were so excited." she whispered looking down at her toes.

"Wow. So all y'all mothafuckas just set out to ruin my life." I chuckled feeling completely defeated. Nothing in this world could have prepared me for this day. "My fucking brother." I shook my head in disbelief. 

"Trey, don't say that." Sinai said. "I was trying to help."

"By getting my fucking daughter murdered? In my face, Sinai? What the fuck!" I yelled violently wiping my face of unwanted tears.

"Trey Trey." My eyes shifted to Siena who was now wide awake. "You shryin." She observed.

"I'm okay baby." I told her trying to force a smile, but I knew she wouldn't buy it. She walked over to me and plopped down into my lap wrapping her small arms around me. She would never know how much I needed it. From her meant even more. It was sad that my four year old god-daughter was the only one I could trust at the moment.