IX.

For my favorite ladies NikkiJackson5 &  LachellePitts . Thank you for the constant love and support! 

Lauren.

"This is a collect call from an inmate at Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility." The operator said through the speaker of my phone causing me to stop dead in my tracks. Which happened to be the middle of broad street, I was reminded by the honking horns.

I rushed into the closest pizza store and into the small bathroom as I pressed the number 4 and awaited his voice.

"What's up baby." he said and I sighed, grateful that he still sounded like himself, but cringed at the same time.

"Hey, what's going on? How are you?"

"As good as I'm going to be right now. How are you and my baby? I miss you man."

"Zo, let's not do this okay?" I whispered. I knew he didn't miss me, I knew he didn't care anything about the baby that was no longer around, and I knew he was calling to ask about Megan. But even still, his voice made my gut flutter like a school girl. "Megan is fine. She bounced back, moved on and seems happy." I admitted, not meaning to sound as bitter as I did.

"Yeah?" he questioned. "But I wasn't calling for that." he lied. "I really do miss you. You know you were mine in my heart, it was just complicated. Megan wasn't innocent Lauren. I swear I didn't just haul off on her ass like you think. I found out she was messing with that nigga and just snapped. That's not me baby, you know that." he said just as the operator told us we had one minute left.

"Make my day and tell me you miss me too." he said and I did with no hesitation. I didn't want the call to end without him hearing it; and it was true. The call ended and I let out a deep breath.

I really loved Alonzo; even though he was once in a serious relationship with my best friend, who I had claimed as my sister. You can't help who you love or who God chooses for you, even if someone else doesn't agree. I really did feel bad. Megan and I had finally gotten back to a good place and I didn't want it to end again.

My thoughts switched to Megan and Trey and I suddenly felt my body heat up with Anger. I know she was only with him to get back at me. She was probably fucking with him since the beginning of the fall semester. She knew he was mine. He's still mine. I smirked and instead of continuing straight, I made a left and headed to my next destination.

Megan.

The sun had already begun to go down when we made our way back to Sinai's house after a fun filled day at Chuck-E-Cheese. Sinai had apologized me over and over after Trey informed her about everything that had gone on. It was a breath of fresh air, but I noticed her sincerity never reached her eyes. Or maybe I was tripping.

"You want to see my room?" Siena asked wrapping her small right hand around two of my manicured fingers.

"Sure!" I agreed as we walked up the stairs to Sinai's house. She was opening the door just as we reached the top step. She was dressed in a fitted, black mini dress with black and silver pumps to match her silver jewelry.

"Hey!" Sin said shocked to see us in front of her door. She picked up Siena and kissed her cheek.

"Where are you going mommy?" She asked playing with the bangles that dressed her mother's arm.

"Well, I was going out to dinner since you're staying at Trey's tonight, right?" she asked her looking at Trey for assurance.