Chapter 6

Eros p.o.v.

This whole week has been great. I got new friends that actually want to be friends with me because of me, I am partnered up with this hottie in my sociology class where we have to create our own society, and today is my birthday. I am so excited I barely got some sleep last night.

Apparently the clan leaders will be there and at Diane's party where I can meet them formally. I can't wait to the Selene of the clan. The Selene is the person married to the Helio. The Selene can be female or male and so can the Helio.

The Helio is the main clan leader and is usually born from the previous Helio and Selene. The Helio and Selene both run the clan. I met Helio Terrance when he accepted its into the clan but the Selene was working with some clan members and I wasn't able to meet her.

Now I'm getting ready for my choosing ceremony today. I was wearing my clan uniform which was a sleeveless black silk robe that had a hood, baggy black silk pants, and any single colored shirt with no pictures. My shirt was a dark blue shirt. It feels like I'm wearing pj's but I don't care because I feel comfortable.

(Pic above. And it is supposed to be black not brown. I know terrible Photoshop)

After I'm done getting ready I eat a light lunch-dinner because I've heard the ceremony is intense and some people throw up.

My whole family is already waiting for me at the ceremony while I was getting ready.
I finally finish my food and get my stuff and head to the ceremony.

~~~~~

The ceremony is held on the roof of a castle in an old part of town. It is a huge castle and is part of the school. It is mostly used for events and sleeping quarters. We are going to sleep here tonight so we can drive to our clan territory tomorrow for Diane and Demon's party.

The clan territory is about an hour away from the school and half an hour from here. My parents sleep in the school and we visit our house on breaks. Luckily we have fall break so we get to stay at the house for a week.

I walk onto the roof and see soo many people that I don't even know there. Thery are all wearing their clan uniforms too so it looks like a huge slumber party. They all probably came because they heard my siblings and the clan leaders would be here.

I start to slowly walk into the middle of the room where the ceremonial mages are finishing preping. They tell me where to stand and to just not do anything that will mess up the spell.

I hate standing in the middle because everyone is looking at me. I look down trying not to focus on all the people here. Then the bell starts and the ceremony finally starts.

I see the mages put an element in each bowl. A lit candel for pyro, water for well aqua, a fan for ventus, and a rock for terra. They start the choosing chants in the ancient toungue. Then I feel myself floating up into the air. I look around and everybody is gasping and looking up at me.

I have never been to a choosing ceremony because the mages want the unchosen casters first experience to a choosing ceremony to be their own. Even though I have never been to one something feels off.

I look at the clouds and see them darkening and lightning starts. The lightning starts to get closer to me. Then one lightning bolt hits me and instead for being in pain I feel strength course through me. My body starts to change and I know I'm about to turn into my spirtit animal.

The mages finishes their chant and I finish my shifts. The lightning stops and I start to fly down. I must be flying animal. Everybody looks at me surprised. Then the mages say, "meet Asher Eros Castillo the first lightning caster in 1000 years."