Chapter 10: Memories of the Phoenix - Host: Abbi

"If the Firestone is this powerful, wouldn't it melt some snow off this mountain?!"  I yelled through the snow storm.  "You'll feel it when we get to the cave!  It's pretty deep in the mountain and it holds more power than just heat!"  Crystal yelled back.  We were climbing up a snowy mountain, and today just happened to be a snowstorm.  Why were we doing this?  Because according to Crystal there was a cave that held a powerful Firestone inside and she thinks it might be useful to me.  "Why is it so snowy? it's only fall!"  I yelled to Crystal.  "What?!"  She yelled back.  We could barely hear each other through the blowing wind and it annoyed me.  I was also really cold despite my heavy winter clothes.  I was more sensitive to the cold unless I was lit on fire, or in Phoenix form.  But I didn't want to do that so I felt like I was frozen in a block of ice.

     Finally we reached the cave, it was much warmer than outside.  Crystal unzipped her winter coat and looked around.  "This way."  She said, and motioned for me to follow her.   The deeper Crystal and I went into the cave the warmer it got.  "You know where you're going don't you?"  I asked.  "Ya of course."  Crystal said.  We ended up at a crossroad, Crystal went left first.  It was a dead end. So then we both went right.  It was also a dead end.  But this time Crystal put her hand on the wall and the stone exploded revealing a dark staircase.  " You might want to light a fire."  Crystal told me.  I held out my hand and lit a fire in my palm and as we headed down Crystal explained her findings about this Firestone she had discovered.  Of course, she was much smarter than me so pretty much half the time I didn't understand a word she was saying.  I also didn't make my fire to big because of the lack of air down in this cavern.  Finally we arrived at the last stair and I looked at the small circular room that was right in front of us.  The room was speckled with all kinds of beautiful gems and jewels.  In the middle of the room their was a small pillar with a huge Firestone on top of it.  I felt the Firestone draw the Phoenix and myself towards it. "Touch it."  The Phoenix said in my mind.  That was my first instinct and I desperately wanted to.  But I kind of wanted Crystal to leave me alone.  Crystal looked at me and said. "I'll leave you with the Firestone for now.  I'm going to explore this cave some more."  Problem solved.

     Crystal went upstairs so I reached out to the Firestone and rested my hand on it. Immediately my mind filled with memories.  Except they weren't mine.  I could only see the memories of the beginning of the Phoenix's history.  Except everything was going to fast for me to pick up any details .  I saw the phoenix and the Pheone (a lighting version of the Phoenix) battling a Dark Phoenix.  I also saw the Pheone and the Phoenix having their battle in Pompeii to determine which one should be know as the strongest Bird.  I also saw the legend of the Phoenix with all of it's other hosts.  Then when it got to me the memories slowed so I could see most of the details. But I didn't need to be reminded of my past, I already knew all of it.  I could tell the Phoenix wanted to say something in my mind but I couldn't handle any more going on inside my head. The vision had arrived at present tense which was myself as the host and I expected it to end, but it kept going.  I was starting to see the future.  It was going so fast I couldn't really see anything.  I did pick up a few faces of people I was soon to meet but I quickly forgot them as I saw a woman with snakes for hair, (which was really weird and scary).  I saw a guy leaning against a tree, looking like he was watching an argument.  I also saw myself drifting through a dark place, and jean Gray surrounded in fire which was shaped as a giant bird.  I could feel the Phoenix trying to stop the vision from revealing too much so I concentrated with it doing the same thing, trying to help stop it.  The vision ended and I withdrew my hand from the Firestone. When my vision came back into focus I could feel that not only had the Firestone left behind information, but also power.  I was stunned from the vision but I felt more sustained power within me, especially from my phoenix necklace. 

     I turned around I saw Crystal had just barely came down.  "Are you OK?"  "Ya, why?"  I said.     "I saw a light coming from down here, plus you're a bit pale.  Did you get anything from the Firestone?  I was hoping you at least got some power from it."  Crystal said. " Ya, I got some power." I said. I had decided to leave out the fact that I had also got a lot of information to.  I wasn't lying, just not telling her the whole thing.  "Alright,"  Crystal said.  Then I started to head out of the cave.  "I'm going to look for something, it will be quick. I'll be right back."  Crystal said, and went into a deeper part of the cave.  I continued to hike back down figuring she wouldn't take long and she would eventually catch up with me.  Once I had gotten out of the cave I started to hike back down the mountain.  Luckily it had stopped snowing so I could see better and hike back easier.

    I came to the part of the mountain where the snow thins and you could see the forest grass. Then I saw someone fly down from the air and land a few yards away from me.  She had white hair and a cloak.  She looked a couple years older than Crystal, (Crystal was about 18 or 19, it's not that old since Crystal owns her own shop) . She looked at us and I stopped walking. "Who are you, I'm Storm." she said. "Phoenix." I responded. "I heard about you, you sure put up a fight." Storm said.  I was getting this weird feeling in my stomach and I could feel tension between us even though we had just met. "You must attack her, we are better, and someone with this kind of power from an old and defeated enemy of mine should not cross my path."  The Phoenix said in my mind.  I didn't want to, I guess that's what was causing the feeling in my gut. We were bound enemies for a reason that was related to an old rivalry that had nothing to do with our powers.  "I don't think you should be around me.  How about you leave."  As soon as I said that I received another headache. But it wasn't because the Phoenix was forcing me to do it, it was because I was rejecting my instincts and my own will.   I could tell Storm was feeling the same but she was listening to it instead of avoiding it.  I stepped backwards as she stepped forwards. "Fly away from here."  I said, but it only increased my headache.  I looked at the cave I had come out of.  It was about a quarter mile up the mountain and Crystal was still in the cave.  I looked back at Storm and saw she was getting ready to fight.  I sighed and gave into my instincts.  Storm's eyes glowed white at the same time mine glowed a pale yellow.  Storm clouds covered the tree tops and fire surrounded me.  I knew we were going to fight each other as I felt the electricity and heat in between us. This was not going to end well.