Chapter 9: First Day - Host: Michelle

I set my bag of stuff in my new bedroom and looked around the room.  It was awesome that I got to pick the room I wanted, but almost all of them looked the same.  It was comfy but a little dull, it needed some color.  I sat on my bed and pictured what I was going to add to my room but my thoughts were cut short by the training bell.  Some of the X-Men (including myself) all rushed to the elevator and went down to the training room.  

     The room was huge and made all of metal. There was a part where that was glass, and behind the glass was a smaller room where the professor would monitor us.  There was also an intercom in the training room that connected to the monitor room.   I had seen a preview of the training's when I first arrived and had a tour of the place, but I had never done one before.  It looked hard dodging all the machines and lazers but everyone  said I would get the hang of it pretty quick.  I didn't really want to use my moonblast for the training, because it was way beyond my control,  but I guess that's what the training was for.  I stepped inside the training room and the intercom above spoke in a female robot voice "Objective: Destroy all bots in the time allotted of, 30 minutes."  'This again,'  I thought.  Suddenly it started .

     "Crap!"  I said.  I hadn't heard the countdown and the bots were already shooting the lazers.  The bots were attached to the wall so they couldn't move around the room, but they could turn in almost every direction so you couldn't sneak up behind them. But their was different sizes of walls you could duck behind to avoid the lazers, or jump on to get a clearer shot.  Training with Abbi helped me dodge all the lazers that were shooting at me and I hid behind a wall to dodge three shots at once coming my way.  Then I saw something new in the middle.  It was a snake like metal thing that I was pretty sure was called a coil.  It snaked around and sometimes over the walls. Then I noticed the coil spark with electricity and switch directions so it was now heading towards me.  I ran and jumped over a few walls (where the lazers were flying everywhere) and I dodged the Electric coil.  This was harder than I expected (probably because I was training way above my level).  I knew the electric snake wouldn't hurt that much, since this was just a training, but it still would hurt and it was worse for me since that was one of the things that triggered my moonbeams.  I jumped over another wall and on the other side was the coil.  I tried to swerve and dodge it but I quickly fell right on top of it.  I felt an electric shock pulse through me and trigger my power and made the palms of my hands glow with the color of my moonbeam.  I had no time to react or try to pull back before they shot out my hands with a force that knocked me back all the way to the other end of the room.  I recovered from the blow quickly and looked around for the moonbeam.  I saw it was bouncing everywhere and gathering friction which was making the moonbeam bigger and stronger and leaving burnt holes in the metal wherever it touched.  Luckily it destroyed the remaining bots on the walls but with each hit the beam of electric light got even more powerful.  It also hit the coil (which pretty much killed it) then the beam bounced from the wall to floor so fast it became hard to look at. It then came straight towards me, but luckily it missed and hit the wall above me.  I breathed a sigh of relief, but I suddenly realized it was heading straight towards the X-Men.  It landed and missed Rouge by an inch, and this time it did not go anywhere else, but stayed where it landed, and a sphere of energy formed.  It grew bigger and bigger till it filled the room, then exploded in a huge blast of radiation. 

    The radiation left us all with a bad headache and nausea, including myself.   A few of the X-Men threw up in bathrooms, and I felt bad and mad at myself for not having enough control over my moonbeams.  I heard over the intercom that The Professor wanted to talk to me so I went to his office/room.  I didn't want to go because I knew I was in trouble.  He motioned for me to sit down in a chair across from him and I did.  Professor Xavier was bald and in a wheelchair.  He had a brown shirt with an overcoat and black pants on.  I sensed that his power was like Jean Grey's but much stronger.  He could literally enter your mind, not just read your thoughts.  "I want you to do a moonbeam for me here right now.  " The professor said.  I knew this was my punishment.  Embarrassment.  Apparently the professor was reading my thoughts because he said, "I'm not going to punish you for something out of your control."   I smiled,  "Thanks."  Then I was confused?  "Then why do you want me to use my power in here?"  I asked.  "I need to see why it's so hard for you to control. " Xavier confessed. "Ok."  I said.  I held out my hand,  concentrated, then summoned my power.  But instead of shooting out of my hands, it  shot out of my feet and blasted me back a little onto the ground.  Both moonbeams shot past Xavier on both sides of him.  I stood back up and looked at Xavier who was thinking very hard.  My other power switched on and I realized he was reading my thoughts the whole time.  "I don't understand why your power acts the way it does."  said the Professor. "So how is it going to be fixed?"  I asked.  "Well, our academy is meant to help mutants like you.  To do that it's best to know their pasts'.  Then we can know the main problem and fix it.  I understand your past ties in with Phoenix, would you be willing to share it with us?"  Xavier asked.  "If it's to help Abbi and I, sure, Even though Abbi sometimes doesn't like it, I think she'll make an exception since it's important for us both."  I said to the professor.  "Thank you Michelle."