Chapter 7: The Battle - Host: Michelle

When school was over Abbi and I decided to take the long way back to Crystal's because I wanted to take a look at some of the town's shops. I saw one up ahead the caught my eye and I stopped to look at it. "Hey Abbi I want to get something from that store.  Would you wait for me?" "Sure." Abbi said. So I went inside the store. Turns out it was mainly a music shop. I decided to get an MP3 player since I really loved music and I didn't have one. I bought one and ran out of the shop then Abbi and I started walking again.  I immediately started downloading songs on it and listened to it the rest of the way back home and while I did my homework.  Abbi either decided she didn't want to do do homework at the moment or she didn't have any. 

     Inside of the computer room I could peek out the doorway from where I was and see Abbi and Crystal. I took out my earbud and listened. "Can you tell me your power already?" asked Abbi. Crystal sighed. "I was hoping you would realize it, it's pretty obvious. But I guess I was going to have to tell you." I walked out of the computer room and leaned against the door so Crystal could see me behind Abbi.  Suddenly I felt a jolt in my gut and instantly I knew what Crystal's power was.  But she was also showing it off.  Crystal raised her hands up as if lifting something, and as she did, sparkling diamonds popped out of the ground and flew upwards. "I love this town. It has all kinds of different jewels underground." Crystal said.  I saw Crystal take a quick glance at me then looked back at Abbi.  I couldn't help but admire Crystal as she made the jems spin around herself.  "My power is pulling gems straight from the ground.  Even if it's deep bedrock I can still manage it.  Also, I love doing experiments with types of jewels I've never seen before.  I'm also shaping the gems to."  Crystal made a motion with her hands and pulled together the gems and made them look like a salamander.  Just when I thought she could actually make it move she started to struggle to hold them together.  Crystal sighed and put her hands to her side and the jewels fell to the floor.  "If I only could find a power source maybe I could make them move on their own.  But I can't hold the form long and I don't know where the heck I'm supposed to get energy like that." said Crystal.  I instantly thought of the crackling energy inside of me know as my moonbeams (and yes it is literally energy, it can cut through metal if it is charged enough) But I knew if I thought about it too long it would blast out of my hands (or my feet) and probably blast a hole through the wall. Then Abbi asked, "Did you need help using your power or controlling it?" "Yeah, I used to be part of the X-Men for a couple years. But I quit because I wanted to run my shop instead, satisfied now?"  Crystal said.  "Yea." Abbi replied.  

     I went back inside the computer room and pretended like I had been doing my homework the whole time.  Then Abbi came in and said,  "I need some target practice."  I looked at her "Ok, meet you out in the back yard."   Abbi went out into the back yard and I grabbed a bucket of water just in case Abbi accidentally lit herself or something on fire.  I met Abbi outback and put the water aside.  Abbi held out her hands ready to strike.  I stood there ready to do my usual, we had done this more than once so I knew how to get around her without getting burned and without using my power.  Usually I would dodge all her attacks and hit certain pressure points  on her body that messed her up. "Go," said Abbi suddenly.  I quickly ducked and dodged a blast of fire then rapidly ran dodging her next string of attacks.  I ran to the side and tried to go around her but she followed where I was going.  I could tell Abbi and I were getting much better at fighting by doing these practice's.  I quickly tricked her by going one way then suddenly switching ways an hitting a pressure point on her shoulder just as she launched another attack. Her fire faltered and bent a weird way and hit me, my shirt immediately caught on fire.  I was used to this of course but I looked down and quickly realized it was a totally different kind of fire. It looked like sparks from a fourth of July sparkler but bigger and stronger.   I quickly ran over to the water and put it out.  "I didn't think I'd shoot something like that again."  Abbi said. "You've used this kind of fire before?"  I asked, Abbi nodded.  "I would have probably shot a moonbeam if it continued, I have to be careful what my other power reacts to."  I explained.  "Alright, but I'm gonna see if I can do that again."  Abbi responded.  "Ok," I said.  I went inside for some food. "What was that about?!"  Crystal said.  "What?  Oh, It was just a friendly battle.  You know, training."  I responded.  "Ah! no fair!  I love those kinds of battles!  The only battles I get are robberies, plus those are easy and I hardly ever get those.  Oh well."  Crystal said, then went off into another room before I could respond.  I didn't expect that, to come from her.