14: The Original Family

~Chapter isn't too long but there's enough drama in it. Hope you had a good day at school or work, or hope you do tomorrow. Enjoy your downtime with this chapter & the two sneak peeks (for getting a bit above the goal before I went to bed).

GOAL: 19 VOTES & 7 COMMENTS

Chapter Fourteen

Damon was here. Stefan was dressed. Elena and I were dressed and just finished cleaning up the house. Now it was story time. "It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin," I informed the brothers while handing Elena a few bottles of cleaner to put under the cabinet in front of her.

"As in the Original Witch?" Stefan asked me.

"What? How is she even alive?" Damon frowned. "Thought her hybrid freak of a son ripped her heart our 1000 years ago."

"We don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community," Elena chimed in, handing me a dirty rag. "Elijah said she wants to live in peace with her family. Including Klaus."

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill him," Stefan said, looking over at his brother. I tossed out the two dirty rags before moving to the sink to wash my hands.

"Not anymore," I told him, drying my hands. "At least, not according to Elijah."

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds," Stefan said walking over to me.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon said and I snorted.

"Look, Elijah promised us that his family wouldn't hurt any of us," I said, pulling Stefan's arms around my waist so I could cuddle into his chest. The doorbell then went off and everyone looked at each other. "I believe him," I added.

"I'll get it," Elena told me and walked off to the front door. I wrapped my hands around Stefan's neck and we shared a kiss before we went to check on Elena, following after Damon who left already.

"What is it?" Damon asked as she held two envelopes.

"This one is yours, Kenzie," she said, handing me one. On the front it said my name in Black glittery script. It was beautiful. I opened it to have it unfold in all directions.

"It's an invitation," I mumbled as Stefan looked at it over my shoulder.

"Please join the Mikaelson family this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails and celebration," Elena read the card while I flipped it over.

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan scoffed, his breath tickling my ear.

"The Original family," I told him.

"Not bad enough they're moving in, now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon scoffed.

"Wait, there's a note on the back," I mumbled as I flipped it over seeing handwriting written in black sharpie I believe. "'Kenzie, I think it's time we finally meet. Bring your sister. Esther.'," I read to them all outloud.

I frowned and closed the invitation up and walked into the living room. "If Esther wants to talk to us maybe we should find out why," Elena said.

"That's a dumb idea. She already tried to kill Kenzie once," Damon said.

"No, Elena's right. Bonnie was led to open that coffin for a reason. I think there's more to this than some family renunion," Stefan replied.

"Can we go back to the Stefan who cared if Elena lived or died? And what about your girlfriend?" Damon scoffed.