10: Funeral Birthday

~This is gonna be an interesting chapter. We get multiple sides of Stefan--Sexy, crazy, & sweet. Not gonna waste anymore time, I'll let you get to reading.

GOAL: 19 VOTES & 5 COMMENTS

Chapter Ten

"So what's got you all worked up?" Ric asked me as he held the punchin bag I was hitting and kicking with all my strength.

"I didn't really sleep last night," I answered him vaguely.

"Yeah, me neither," he said as I put in a nother kick. "Probably something to do with dying."

"You okay?" I asked, standing up straight.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he replied. "I'm fine. I think the ring, however, is running low on batteries."

I went back to punching the bag to get out my anger with myself. I couldn't stop thinking last night. I needed to tell Stefan what happened. I didn't want to lose him though. And I was trying to figure out how to get us back to...God our very best. "Yeah. It's another reason why Jeremy has to get out of town," I muttered. "If those rings have a shelf life, he's not protected. Nether are you."

I went for anothe rkicked that had Ric stumble back with a grunt. "Nice. Nice, you're getting stronger," he said.

"I'm just channeling frustration," I replied. He stared at me and I turned around. "I need coffee." I went to make myself a cup of coffee that I had finished awhile ago to avoid his questioning eyes.

"At least Damon's compulsion worked. Jeremy was packing when I left the house. Going on about his new school in Denver," Ric replied.

I poured the still hot coffee in a mug as I tried to be casual asking, "Have you, uh, talked to Damon today?"

"No. Why?" He questioned suspiciously as I turned to face him.

"No reason," I rushed out, taking a sip of my coffee. My phone rang from the island and I went over to grab it. I looked at the called ID and frowned, Stefan. I bit my lip and picked it up, rejecting the call immediately. Of course then he sent a text.

"You're late. You were supposed to meet me at the place. Bonnie's over. She's gonna try to help open the coffin. We think it's spelled," it read.

"Sorry. On the way," I replied, sighing out loud to myself. Ugh. I'm a horrible, pathetic, trashy, disgusting girlfriend and he deserves better.

***

I stood outside the house since Stefan said he was on the way with Damon of couse. Just my luck. They were heading towards me but Damon grabbed Stefan's arm and stood frozen. I frowned and furrowed my brows. "What?" Stefan asked.

Damon simply looked off into space, seeming to be listening for something. Stefan looked another way before moving forward to grab onto me. They shared a look and had a silent conversation then Damon flashed off. I frowned and went to speak but Stefan covered my mouth with his hand. "Shh," he whispered, picking me up.

He sped off and put me down as we we waited outside a door. He made me stand back as we heard footsteps. Then a guy came out the door and looked to his right, spotting Stefan immediately. His eyes turned orange, veins darted out and then came little fangs but all around sharp teeth. Stefan raised a brow at the hybrid who went to lunge but Damon appeared behind him, ripping out his heart and he fell to ground, dead.

Stefan gave him a nonchalant smile and I stepped towards the both of them. Damon holding the heart in his hand that was now covered in blood. "These hybrids are really briging the neighborhood down," Damon said, tossing the heart at the dead body.