8: Homecoming

~This chapter's kinda fun. Stefan's a cute jerk, lol. But here's the homecoming dance that Kenzie hasn't been looking forward to. Happy reading 📗📘📙

GOAL: 17 VOTES & 4 COMMENTS

Chapter Eight

"Okay. Let's say Mikael followed Elena in. Tried to grab her so he could use her as bait," Stefan said as Elena and I trailed behind him into the study.

"Why not me?" I pouted, tugging on the back of his shirt.

"Because I don't like y-"

"Stefan," Damon snapped at him, from behind me and ELena.

"Anyways. He tried to grab me. And you, what? Vervained him?" Elena asked.

"No, we vervained him. Guy's an original," Damon said. "We have to make it realistic."

"Okay, fine," Stefan said, turning around and smacking my hands away. "We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead-" Elena trailed off.

"We drove it though his heart," Stefan finished for her.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" I questioned, folding my arms.

"Good point, kitten," Damon said, stepping up and tossing an arm around my shoulder. He stood by my side and looked directly at his brother, "You have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"Well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him here," Stefan smirked.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof," I chimed back in.

"Then I shall be dead," a new voice came. We all turned to see Mikael walking in. Ugh, the guy gave me the creeps. I cuddled into Damon's side and he held me tighter. Elena and Stefan walked around closer to where he stood under the small bridge/deck of study.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asked, walking all the way in front of Mikael who pulled out a dagger and ash.

"It means our plan is working," Mikael said and Stefan moved closer standing a foot behind yet to the side of my twin. "Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him."

"With what?" Stefan asked. "Those daggers won't work on him."

"Oh, I am in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned."

"Where is it?" Damon asked.

"Not here," Mikael answered him. "See, knowing its location is my insurance policy."

"Against what?" I scoffed into Damon's chest. He wrapped both arms around my, coddling me with his strong arms.

"You leaving this in my heart," Mikael said. I pulled back to look at him. He held a dagger between his fingertips. "You see, a vampire can't dagger an Original without dying. So it falls to you, Kenzie. Or Elena, whichever wnats to."

He held the dagger out and Elena reached for it. "You want me to actually dagger you?" My twin asked hesitantly.

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance, especially when it comes to trust," Mikael stated.

***

I pushed Stefan's leg out of my way and he groaned in annoyance, but did as I wished, scooted over so we could be squished together sharing an armchair. "Why do you have to be so close to me?" He grunted, narrowing his eyes.