6: Ghost World

~Lexi is back for this chapter! I love her to pieces. P.S that picture 🔝 is not a scene shown in this chapter, it's what you all miss. And with Stefan being a douche, he deserves his head smashed into a car window, just saying 😞

But anyways...Happy reading, book worms 🐛 Enjoy the chapter.

GOAL: 12 VOTES & 3 COMMENTS

Chapter Six

"Hey, Jer, I need you to help me with something," I said. I was with Jeremy, Elena, and Ric at the Grill. We were sitting outside at a table for lunch after attending this lame history get together at the new park across the street.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I've been going through Stefan's journals. Every time that he's gone off the rails his best friend, Lexi has been the one to bring him back," I answered, pulling out Stefan's journals from my bag I carried with me today.

"So where is she now that we need her?" Ric asked and I winced.

"She's dead. And you want me to try to reach her, don't you?" Jeremy asked me.

"I thought if I knew how she did it, maybe I could help him," I shrugged.

"I don't even know if she's on the other side."

"Is that what it's called?" Elena frowned.

"That's what Anna calls it. There's not, like, an official brochure," Jeremy answered.

"So, what is it, like some sore of supernatural purgatory?" Alaric questioned.

"Anna said it's like being here with us, only we can't see her or hear her and she can't interact with anyone. And she's all alone."

"Vicki could interact. She blew up my car," Alaric retorted. Yeah, last night it was Vicki working with some witch on the otherside that got Stefan and I locked in the truck. The goal was to kill me so Klaus couldn't make more hybrids. Of course Elena coudl too though so she'd probably would've been next on the hit list.

"Vicki had help from a witch on the other side. Anna, she's doing this all by herself."

"I'm just saying, maybe we learned our lesson about summoning dead people," Alaric replied and Elena shot him a look and he shrugged in return.

"Do you think it's even possible to contact Lexi?" I questioned a few minutes later.

"I don't know. I didn't have an emotional connection with her. I never even met her."

"Could we just drop it, please?" Alaric asked.

"I can't, Ric. I don't know what else to do," I snapped at him,

"Don't you think we have too many vampires in our past to be sitting here thinking of them watching us?"

I looked at Jeremy weirdly as he stared at the seat on the otherside of him that was completely empty. Why? "Is Anna here right now?" I asked him.

"No. No. I'm gonna go, uh, check my work schedule," Jeremy said. He was such a liar. He got up from the seat next to me and walked off. I rolled my eyes and looked at Elena's equally shocked face.

"Hey, guys. Who forgot to invite me to the family summit?" Stefan asked taking Jeremy's seat and smiling cutely at me. Ugh. Bad Kenzie. He grabbed one of his journals before I could stop him. "Oh, wow. All these words. I forgot how much I used to care," he said.

"I didn't," I said. He stared at me for a moment before tossing the jounral back on the table without a care.

"You know, Kenz, it's probably best you not torture yourself with memories from the past," he told me. "It's best we both just move on and accept things as they are."