Ch. 8 Decontamination

Glenns POV

My eyes were locked on her pale face, her eyes were shut, she had a calm but stiffened expression on her face. You could see where she had cried in her sleep, the tear stains there. I haven't left her bedside, many nurses and doctors over night had came in overnight, making sure she was ok, many times they'd try to send me to stay with the others.
I refused, my priority is my wife and nothing more, I care more about her then I care about me, she's the love of my life, and now she seemed dead in a bed, that's what she looked like. She's so pale, and still, anyone could think that. My head falls down onto the side of he bed, resting my forehead on the bedside, she hadn't woken up at all since the surgery, since the incident.
I keep having to reassure myself, she'll be ok, but then the thought comes to my mind.
What if she's not? This is all your fault Glenn, you idiot!
My heart hurt, physically, it was hard to swallow from all the pain, and how swollen it had become from all the crying I had done. I haven't slept since the campsite, I have been awake by her bed all night, and it was around 8 am now. I watch her for a moment, she wears a light blue hospital like gown, and her hair was scattered around her head.
The little window in the corner of the room, had the first light of the sun flowing into the room, my eyes fluttered up to it for a split second before looking away, back to Maggie.
My hand was in her lazy one, hers had no movement, mine on the other hand was gripping hers.
The room didn't have much in it, a small hospital bed, occupied by Maggie, a little table on the other side of the bed that had her wedding ring, and her clothes folded up on it, across the room was a door, which I'm not sure if it's locked or not. There was of course the small window, and it had white curtains hanging from it, but they were opened up letting the light in.
I myself didn't have a great appearance either, my eyes had dark circles under them from the lack of sleep, I was sweating crazily to.
The door opened and I didn't look up, not really caring anymore.
"Mr. Rhee?" A woman's voice asks
I look up from my wife's face and to the woman's
"That's your name correct? Oh gees don't tell me I got it wrong" she starts flipping through a notebook, worriedly
"That's my name, sorry I'm just..." I trail off with a sad look, looking back down at Maggie
"No no it's fine I completely understand" she sighs relieved and walks to Maggie's bedside looking down
"She's your wife correct?" She asks, glancing to me, and she picks up Maggie's other hand, taking her pulse.
"Yes" I nod looking back up at her curiously, and rub the hand I have, running my thumb back and forth on the back of Maggie's hand.
"Alright, I know you really want to stay here with her, but we need you to be decontaminated, to eat, to drink, and above all to rest. We don't need you in a hospital bed as well" she says watching me, her green eyes staring at me
I watch her for a moment before I shake my head "I'm not leaving her side"
"Sir, please don't make us have to force you..."
"Look, I can't leave her, if she wakes up and I'm not here, she would be terrified. Just let me stay with her" I beg, and look down at Maggie, brushing the hair out of her face
"Your a prisoner here, along with the rest of your group, don't make us have to remove you and not allow you to stay here with her, we're not afraid to throw you into a cell along with the others" she says suddenly growing angry
I watch the woman, and I sigh, looking back down "fine..."
Her face became calm and her smile returned "thank you, just follow me out, I'll guide you to the showers to be decontaminated" she turns towards the door, gesturing for me to follow. She held a clipboard in her hand, a pen attached to the side. I get up kissing the back of Maggie's hand "I'll be back" I say softly and stand, setting her hand at her side. I lean down quickly and kiss her stomach once, before turning and following the woman. She opens the door and says "oh by the way, my names Caitlin Bryant , I'll be watching over your wife while she's recovering. I'm looking over her information, and it says she's pregnant"
I nod slightly following her down a white hallway "yes...she is." I reply
"Mm i see. Y'alls first?" She asks glancing back at me
I keep a glum look on my face and look up at her "I'm sorry what?"
"Is it your first child?" She asks reforming the question
"Oh yes, it is" I sigh nodding and watch her for a moment carefully, then I speed up a little "can we hurry this up? I'd like to be back to her as soon as i possibly can"
"Yes yes" she turns into a room and I follow her "but enough about her, what about you?" She asks
"Uh there's nothing really to talk about" he replies, the woman stops in the center of the room. On the wall in front of us were showers, with tile walls about waist high as dividers, a small wooden door to get in and out, also waist high.
"Strip down, hand me your clothes, we'll bring you some new clothing" she says turning and smiling slightly at me, I watch her for a moment before stepping towards one of the showers and glance back at her "wait your just gonna stand there and watch me...?"
"No, of course not" she giggles clearly amused "we have a Guard outside the door, just to make sure you don't try anything, I just need your clothes" she replies
I open the little wooden door, slipping my shoes and socks off outside of the shower, before turning so that I wasn't facing her, I take the edge of my shirt slowly sliding it up and off. I turn quickly closing the little door, it was only waist high so she could see anything above my waist.
I undo my belt, sliding it out of the loops, glancing back at her. "Could you not stare at me...?"
She was closer now holding a hand out, and I hand her my belt "Sorry, it's protocol"
"To stare at me?" I interrupt
"No, to be in the room and there's really nothing else to look at" she replies Flirtily
I ignore her comment and undo my jeans, sliding them down and off, tossing them to her. She raises one hand, catching them and putting them into her arms, along with his shirt and belt.
I slide my boxers off, tossing them to her, and she catches them, I turn and she smiles "thank you"
She then turns swiftly and says "better hurry, hot water shuts off in about 6 minutes"
I whip around, hating cold showers, and turn on the water, which comes out cold at first.
I shiver, as the water starts to slowly climb, finally becoming hot. I relax, the tension in my shoulders dropping greatly, i let my head fall back into the water and close my eyes as my face gets wet, the water dribbling off. I find myself calmed and soothed by the water, before the thought of Maggie comes back.
My heart drops into my stomach and I drop my head vomiting, the image of a car hitting her popping into my head. I felt some tears well up in my eyes and looked down at the puke washing down the drain. I wipe my mouth biting my lip, dropping my head back into the water and scrub down with a rough washcloth, scrubbing my skin until it felt raw.
The woman steps back into the room with a armful of clean folded clothes. I shut the water off, and grab the towel hanging over the door, pulling it around my waist tightly.
She sets the clothes on a bench across the room and smiles "get dressed, I'll be outside the door, we'll head to the cafeteria to grab you some food"
She leaves the room, closing the door, and I cry myself off, dropping the towel on my way across the room. Sliding on the new clothing.
It was a pair of jeans, a black t-shirt with a pocket over my breast, and a pair of what looked to be brand new sneakers.
I sigh and walk towards the door