Chapter 25

Debates & Breaks

Thomas's POV

She kissed me. I was surprised at first, but I kissed her back. I wrapped my arms around her neck. Madison walked in.

"Thomas! I'm s-" he looked at us, and Angie pulled away. She looked at him, and back at me. Tears were in her eyes.

"I can't- I can't do this." She said, and ran out.

"Were you just..." Said Madison. "Yeah. Way to cockblock." I said, and crossed my arms.

"Um, did you forget that we were... I don't know, dating?!" He screamed.

"What? We're not dating." He walked out. "WE WERE ON A BREAK!" I yelled at him as he walked away.

Alex's POV

I rubbed my sweaty hands on my jeans. Apparently this was being broadcasted to the whole school.

"Hey." Said John, and wrapped his arms around me. "You'll do great." He said, and kissed me.

Hercules gave me a thumbs up, and I took a deep breath and walked out.

I walked out to not see just Jefferson, but Burr also. "Oh yeah, this is a 2x1 debate, sorry for misinforming you." Said Washington. Well... Shit.

There goes all my plans. Wait, is that even a thing?

"Today holds our first ever broadcasted debate here at Liberty. The issue on the table:" he sighed.

"Are you kidding me? This is the actual debate topic?" I shrugged. "Should we provide free condoms in the bathroom... You know what? I shouldn't even be here. I'm a respected professer!" He said, and sat down.

"Hamilton, your opening statement." Said Washington. "Hello, I'm Alexander Hamilton. In the words of the great 'Lady Gaga', Don't be silly, wrap yo' willy."

~20 minutes later~

"Well Hamilton, why do you even need condoms, you're gay?" Said Jefferson. Way too far, dude.

"I should say the same to you, the whole school knows you're into Madison." I said, and crossed my arms.

"Keep it civil boys." Said Washington, not looking up from the papers he was grading.

Jefferson gasped, and I'm pretty sure half the school did as well. "You told him?!" He said to Burr.

"At least I don't almost murder my best friend's girlfriends!" Said Burr, talking for the first time this whole debate.

"Uh..." Said Washington. He put his phone aside.

Jefferson looked speechless, and I couldn't help but smile a little bit. "Hamilton, you're one to talk about secret relationships. Can you do me a favor?" He asked me, sweetly.

"Okay? I guess I can try..." He smirked. "Can you tell Angelica Schuyler I said hi?" I looked into the crowd to see Angie leaving with a hurt expression.

"Fuck you, man!" I spat. "Hamilton! Debate dismissed! My office! Now!" Said Washington, and Jefferson laughed. "Daddys calling."

Angie's POV

"John, I'm sorry! I was going to tell you but-" "But what, Angie? But what? You didn't want me to know?" Said John (Church). Well, that kinda sums it up.

"I made a mistake, I'm sorry! I kissed hi-I mean he kissed me, but only for a second! And I told him that-"

"Wait, he kissed you?" Said John. "Y-yeah! Of course!" I'm a terrible liar. "Oh, well that's okay. As long as you weren't the one who kissed him then it's okay I guess. I'm sorry for overreacting." He said, and opened his arms for a hug.

"I'm a terrible person." Is all I could think as I hugged him.