Chapter 14

Just breathe

(SINCE YALL WERE YELLING AT ME TO UPDATE jk, I love you. Sad chapter again, sorry! But enjoy my In The Heights reference above lmao)

Aaron's POV

I walked out of the hospital. I need to clear my head. It's been about 3 weeks since the operation.

She just woke up. She doesn't remember me.

She doesn't remember me.

She doesn't remember me kissing her, touching her, hugging her, laughing with her. She doesn't remember me. She doesn't remember me loving her. She can't even talk, or breathe without a tube... I should have let her die.

Alex's POV

I woke up to hear muffled sobs at no later than 5AM, and I looked over to see that John was gone. Shit.

I climbed out of bed. "John? John? Baby where are you?" I made my way to the bathroom, and pushed the door open gently to find him crying on the floor.

I sat down next to him and he buried his face in my shoulder. "John? Baby can you tell me what's wrong?" This just made him cry harder.

"I-it w-as his b-birthday today." He said, then resumed crying. "Who's birthday?" I said cautiously. Should I know who? 

"J-James. My b-brother... I miss him... I miss him so much, Alexander." He said, then started crying again. I rubbed his back.

"It's okay. Just breathe... Just breathe."

Maria's POV

Me and Peggy came back from Vegas, and her sisters were pissed to say the least.

She decided to move in with me since they weren't on the best terms. I heard a knock on the door, it's not Peggy.

She won't be home for hours. I opened it, and almost gasped.

"James?" I looked around to make sure nobody was coming, then I let him in.

"I'm sorry. I heard you got married. I changed. Give me a chance. Please." He said. I watched him for a moment, then I kissed him passionately.

He picked me up and carried me to the bedroom.

Washington's POV

We were taking Mary home. To our home. Her home. Our child's home. It has a nice ring to it.

"Oh! I have a butter too!" She said, and I could only assumed butter was brother.

"I used to have two, but he's with mommy. The other one is John!" I brushed off the whole mommy thing, since she didn't really understand.

"Oh! I have a student named John Lau-" I stopped. Is this his sister? That's so cool!

"And one time I saw a butterfly, but daddy squished it. Me and John made the butterfly better and let it go! It was pretty."

John's POV

I took a shower. I can't let today get to me. I have shit to do, and I intend to do it. That's what James would have wanted.

"Johnnn your phone is ringing!" Shouted Alex. "Ah, just answer for me. Tell me what they said!" I said, and started drying my hair.

Alex's POV

"Hello?" I said, getting John's turtles out of their cage. Turtles always make him feel better.

"Yes, Alex? This is Geor- I mean Washington. I have great news and possibly great/horrible news." ...What?
"Okay?"

"You see, we finally got our foster child into our home. The kid is John's sister, Mary." He said.

If I was drinking something, you bet your ass I would have done one of those dramatic spit takes. I kinda wish I was.

"Oh! That's... Great! I'll tell him, he's in the shower now." He sighed. "TMI, Alexander."

He stepped out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel on his waist and one on his head.

Damn that was hot... No! Stay focused, Alexander.

"Uh... John?" He looked at me and smiled. "Hmm?" And then he removed his towel... Dang... No! No, we're not thinking about that right now.

"Um... Washington called. I know you don't want to hear this... Especially today but... Uh, he got a foster kid, and it's your sister." By now, he had underwear and my hoodie on.

He froze. He looked at me, and his eyes started tearing up. Suddenly, he ran over to me and hugged me and wrapped his legs around me.

"Do you want to go see her?" I asked, and he nodded.

He hasn't seen her in who knows how long.