Chapter 24

Ellie's POV:

Calum.

Right there, standing right in front of me, alive, and breathing. His hair was longer from when I last saw him, two months ago. It was now curling slightly and it flowed neatly to its resting place on his forehead. He had dark circles under his eyes, which told me that he hadn't slept in a while. His face looked cold and colourless, as did the rest of him.

An orange jumpsuit on his body with the top button undone, revealing the collar of a white t-shirt that he was wearing underneath.

Black boots adorned his feet, much like his infamous combat boots but still not the same ones. These were much different than the ones I had grown to know do well. In fact this whole version of Calum was so different than the one I had grown to know and love and I wasn't sure how I felt about this one.

"Ellie." He finally spoke, his words soft and barely above a whisper. His once lively beautiful chocolate brown eyes, were now cold and dead as the bore into mine, not chocolate, just brown.

But none of this didn't stop the tears from streaming down my face, nor did it stop me from running into his awaiting arms. He knew me, he knew me so well. He could anticipate what I would do, therefore why his arms were already open, awaiting for my body to run into his warm embrace and breath in his familiar set as my tears stained his orange jumpsuit my tiny whimpers filling the quiet bedroom.

"Shh, it's okay, baby girl, everything is okay." He soothed me in a gentle voice as he let his fingers run through my hair, brushing through the knots to calm me. "I'm here, Princess, I promise I won't leave again." He reassured me as my body started to relax at his words, instantly moving closer to him and moving my head up to look at him with a tear stained puffy face, my now blood shot puffy eyes, meeting his brown ones. He began leaning down slowly, coming closer and closer to my face.

His lips on mine, our mouthes mil ding perfectly together as we shared a deep, passionate kiss, making up for all the lost time, eyes fluttering closed, our fingers now intertwined as he led me towards the bed, my back hitting the soft materials as Calum now hovered above me. His lips broke apart from mine as he moved his lips to my neck, kissing and sucking gently on the tender skin as he went along, kissing around until he found the one spot, in between my left shoulder and collarbone, aka: my sweet spot. A moan erupted from my thought as he nibbled at the now red skin of my neck, kissing it once he finished and pulling away to leave a purple bruise on my neck, he started to pull his jumpsuit off, his fingers struggling with the buttons, but I stopped him before he could finish the second button.

My voice was small as I spoke, a bright red blush adorned my cheeks as I look anywhere but him. "I'm not ready, I'm sorry..." I rushed the words out as I fiddled nervously of my hands awaiting his reaction.

His fingers found their way under my chin and tilted it up, pecking my lips before pulling away and nodding. "It's okay, love, don't be sorry, we go at your pace, okay." He spoke sweetly which cause a smile to form on my lips, as his mouth opened to speak again. "The most important thing now is that I can finally hold my princess in my arms again, and sleep with her at night, God, I missed you so much, you have no idea, Angel." His words cause another blush to arise onto my cheeks, making me look away bite my lip, chewing on it softly.

I felt Calum stand up and I looked up to watch him remove his jumpsuit and shirt, only left in boxers as he climbed into his side of the bed, I climbed into my side and then crawled over so that I was laying on Calum, not caring of the personal space. I snuggled into him while he wrapped his arms around me.

"Goodnight, Princess, I love you so much." He spoke softly in a sleepy voice which made my heart fluttered.

"Goodnight Cally, I love you more." I answered sleepily, just before we both drifted off into a deep sleep.

• • •

I was awoken by feeling Calum start to move beneath me, his arms flinging wildly, his feet kicking.

"Stay, please stay. Please stay, Ellie, I need you, Ellie, I need you. Please. Please." He pleaded as sweat started to form on his forehead. My heart aches at the pain laced in his voice as I moved so was straddling his abdomen, and started shaking his shoulders, trying to wake him up.

"Calum please wake up, I'm here, it's okay. I'm here, baby." I spoke loudly, trying to awake him. His eyes finally opened as his arms frantically grabbed mine and pulled me closer to him and held me there tightly, almost as if he was afraid I'd leave.

A/N: sooooo how was this chapter? I thought it was pretty damn good to be honest, good job Kal.

So I will he updating more and such and yeah, I love you guys, I'm thinking of making a Luke or Michael fanfic next, comment who you want, Luke or Michael, and yeah.

I wonder what's going on with Calum, any guesses? Please leave comments. They make me so happy when you guys comment you have no idea, honestly.

1.73k reads, 136 votes, and 74 comments! You guys rock. I love you guys so fucking much, you have no idea. I might stay up tonight and update. Who needs sleep, right? Right.

Anyways yeah. Thank you again for reading my horrible book. I love you guys so much, have a nice night or day!
-Kal x