Chapter 21

A/N: Since I have an eighteen hour layover I thought I might as well update for y'all! So yeah! AND THANK YOU FOR 1K READS LIKE HOLY FUCK THANKS GUYS!! I love you all so much and thank you for liking and reading my horrible book, love you guys and again, thank you so bloody much!
-Kal xx

Calum's POV (omg yay!):

I'm so fucking stupid, why did I just give up, on everything? I lost Ellie, she probably hates my stupid guys right now, I mean I would too, if I were her.

I never deserved a girl as amazing as Ellie, she's an angel from heaven. A pearl from the ocean. They're two types of girls in this world. Hamburgers and diamonds; hamburgers are common, they look good but aren't good for you. Diamonds are rare and when you find one they don't come to you easily, and they're so so beautiful, it's hard to describe. God I miss Ellie so much. I hope she still wants me when I get out of here...

Ellie's POV:

I miss Calum so much. I love him, I need him back. But he just gave up on me, why did he do that? Am I not important enough for him?

"Ellie!" A voice startled me from my thoughts, looking up from the ground I saw Luke. He had changed since we got here. He was wearing a black nirvana shirt and black ripped skinny jeans, his hair was still quiffed and eyes as blue as ever. "I found this under my bed, it says you're name on it and it's from Calum." He spoke, his voice getting weaker as he mentioned Calum's name.

"Thanks..." I smiles weakly and took the envelope with my name written on it in Calum's messy cursive handwriting.

I must've been staring at the envelope for a long time because when I looked up, Luke was no where in sight. I decided I would open the letter and see what contents may lay inside of it.

I started to tear open the top of the envelope, I'm not very graceful or well, good, at opening envelopes, but I mean, who is? (A/N: if any of you are good at opening letters please teach me your ways, fam.) Once I had finally somehow torn it open, I basically shredded it. Inside I found a picture and a note, I decided to read the note first.

Dear Ellie,
If you're reading this then that means that I have fucked up, like I always do. But I want you to know that even when I don't necessarily show it, I love you so dearly. I will always come back up you no matter what may happen. Now, look at the photo, I hope you remember this... (A/N: image at the top.)
-Calum

I looked at the picture and instantly remembered the event, one of the guys must've taken a picture on the first night we met..

Flashback:

"WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST SPEND ALL OUR MONEY ON YOUR BLOODY ALCOHOL ALLAN!" She proceeded to scream at him.

At that point I ran out crying, blocking out their screaming at each other so it was just muffles. Sprinting from my house, I ran and ran I don't care where. I just needed out.

I was still running, and I noticed it was starting to get dark. I was still crying when I tripped over my own feet, tumbling onto the ground. I curled up on the ground, hugging the trunk of a tree, I was sat on my knees with my arms around the tree. How could they do this to me! I miss my happy family!

"Please, save m-me." I cried out softly, knowing no one would hear. I'm breaking again because of them.

"I'll be the safety pin that saves you from tearing apart." I heard a guys' voice say, making me jump up from my knees, only to turn and meet his beautiful deep brown eyes.

"W-Who are y-you?" I asked frightened still staring into his beautiful eyes. A chuckle erupted from his chest as he shook his head. I tried to study his face but it was too dark to make out he also was not helping by wearing a black hoodie with the hood up. But from what I could see, he was fairly tall probably a little taller then six feet; he was towering over my small one. He also was wearing black skinny jeans, that matched his black hoodie, and to top it off he wore black combat boots on his feet.

"Don't worry about it babe, I'll be seeing you soon." He stated matter-of-factly. I furrowed my eyebrows not knowing what he meant. I heard quiet footsteps behind me. Choosing to ignore it as the stranger obviously was or he didn't care who was there.

I felt a prick hit my neck, causing me to wince as a quiet yelp fell from my lips. Still staring into the stranger's eyes, I started to feel dizzy, loosing my footing I fell back into someone else's arms. My eyes started to get heavy, I was fighting to keep them open.

I was putting up a weak struggle in the second strangers grip, with what little energy I had left. I finally gave up and looked at the stranger with beautiful brown eyes. He was still looking at me and then we continued to hold eye contact like we had, previously. Darkness was beginning to take over my eyes, I was still struggling to keep them open, my heart was beating a mile a minute and my throat felt dry. I felt so weak as my eyes finally closed.

I heard a faint "Goodnight, sweetheart." And a kiss placed on my temple. As I drifted off into nothing.
Flashback over

I was crying, he saved me, Calum Hood saved me, and I need him. I'm never gonna leave him. My eyes were just spilling out tears. I heard my bedroom door open but I didn't care who it was so I stay turned around and suddenly three pairs of arms wrapped around me and put me in a group hug.

"It's gonna be okay Ellie." Michael whispered softly.

"He'll come back." Luke added on, also in a soft whisper.

"And we'll be here until he is." Ashton finished their comforting talk.

I don't know what I'd do without these three, especially with Calum being gone. I'm so grateful for them all.

My eyes started to get heavy and I yawned as I felt myself being lifted onto my bed where they all climbed in and continued our group hug. I smiled softly to myself and stayed cuddled up into them, starting to slowly drift off to sleep.

A/N: Thank you again for 1k reads, I love you guys so much, and thank you for not getting mad, even when it takes me a while to update :) I can't thank you guys enough for putting up with my bs. I love you and thank you again for everything. Especially thank you for reading my shitty story :)))
-Kal xx