Chapter 6

Sophie still wasn't talking to me. I had no clue what was wrong with her. I needed her right now the most because Jacob was leaving for tour today.

"Megan?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over at Jacob. He was putting his suitcases into the back of his car.

"Can you grab that suitcase for me?" he pointed to the one near his feet.

I rushed over to him and put it in his car. I stood there watching him organize his stuff. He shut his trunk and turned to look at me. We stood there watching each other for a few moments until I reached for him and he pulled me into a hug.

"I don't want you to leave Jacob." I said fighting back tears that I knew were going to fall anyways.

"I don't want to leave you either." he said stroking my hair. I felt a tear of his drop on my shoulder.

"Jacob we have to go."

He pulled away from the hug and started at me. "Megan never forget this I love you. I will only be gone for five months. Nothing is going to pull us apart." he leaned forward and kissed me.

I felt myself kissing him back knowing that this was the last kiss for five months. We finally broke away and his cheeks were swollen from his tears.

"Bye Megan. I promise I will call, text, and facetime you anytime I can. I love you." he said squeezing my hand and slowly walking away.

I watched him slowly walk away fighting for something to say. Finally words came out.

"Jacob, I love you too." I managed to get out before I heard the car door slam and Jacob was gone.

I watched as his car drove away until I couldn't see it anymore. I slowly walked inside and laid down. That's all I remembered until I slowly drifted off to sleep.

----

I slammed my locker and felt a buzz from my pocket. I hope it's Jacob, I thought, pulling out my phone and checking the message.

Jacob: We just landed, I miss you already!

Megan: I miss you too!

"Who are you texting huh?"

I looked up from my phone and saw Sarah standing there. I shut off my phone and put it in my pocket.

"Why do you care?" I asked

"I don't." she said rolling her eyes.

"Then why did you ask?"

Sarah looked at me with dark eyes. She leaned forward towards my face until she was inches away.

"Jacob can't save you now can he?" she said smirking.

I just stood still and didn't do anything. Why weren't you doing something Megan?

"Come on girls." she walked past me and hit me on the shoulder. So did all her other friends.

I stood there dazed. I couldn't believe that Jacob dated her. I wanted Jacob to be back more than ever now.

I sighed and headed towards eight period. I sat in my normal seat and waited for Sophie to come.

Class was about to start when Sophie sneaked in. Typical Sophie, I thought, smiling to myself.

As she sat down I say her look at me for a second but she looked away. That's it, I thought, taping her on the shoulder.

She turned around slowly to face me.

"Why are you mad at me?" I whispered because the teacher at started the lesson.

"Jacob." she whispered too.

"Why?" I said now confused.

"Ladies."

"Sorry." Sophie said turning back around to face the teacher.

I sighed and focused on my work.

Finally after what seamed like forever the bell finally rang.

I ran out the door and caught up with Sophie tapping her on the shoulder.

"So what's up?" I asked stopping her in her tracks.

"I just don't want you back with Jacob." she said not meeting my eyes.

"Then why did you try to help me get him back?" I asked confused. I saw Sarah coming towards me out of the corner of my eye.

"I-I don't know. I thought that maybe if you 'dated' Sam you would start to like him." she said meeting my eyes.

"What? I do not like Sam." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"You like Sam?" Sarah asked all bubbly like.

I looked at her and rolled my eyes. Do not say anything Megan. I meet eyes with Sophie and she looked at me confused.

"Uh I'll see you later." Sophie said slowly walking away then ran out the door.

No Sophie, come back, I thought, turning my attention towards Sarah.

"What do you want?" I asked. The hallways were almost empty because school was over.

"Oh you know what I want. Jacob." she said smirking.

"Sorry can't help you with that." I said shrugging my shoulders and tried to make my way around her.

She pushed me to the ground. Hard.

I sat up startled and rubbed my shoulders. She leaned close to my face.

"You will help me get Jacob back." she said as she kicked me and walked away.

I sat there shocked as I watched her walk away. What had just happened?