Chapter 2

Honey, I'm out at the store. Call me if you need anything.

I put the note down and walked to the couch. I started to flip through some channels when my phone started going off like crazy. I picked it up. They were all messages from Sophie.

Sophie: I heard you were back! Want to meet me at mall?

Megan: Sure why not. I miss you!

Sophie: See you there around 10!

I turned my phone off and ran upstairs to start getting ready. I turned on Heartbreaker and blasted it through my speakers. I ran to my closet and pull out a white shirt and some shorts. I slipped  on some shoes and left a note telling my mom that I will be at the mall.

I walk outside and saw Jacob cleaning his car. Keep it cool Megan. Keep it cool. I took a deep breath and walked towards my car. I could feel Jacob's eyes on me as I walked to the car. Breath Megan.

I took in a deep shaky breath as I opened my car door. Before I could stop myself I looked up at Jacob. He had stopped washing his car and was staring at me. Our eyes met each others. I took in another deep breath and climbed into the car.

About fifteen minutes later I arrived at the mall. I got out of the car and walked to the front of my car and saw Sophie and Sam, my best friends, standing there.

"Guys!" I yelled as I ran across the parking lot.

Sophie turned her head and saw me. She immediately came running. When we reached each other with hugged each other for so long.

"I missed you so much!!" Sophie said as we broke away from our hug.

"Me too." I said nodding.

"Do I not get a hug?"

I turned and saw Sam standing behind Sophie with his hands in his pockets.

"Come here." I said pulling him in and hugging him.

"That's better." he said laughing as we broke away.

"So you hungry?" Sophie asked linking her arm with mine.

"Of course." I said as we started to walk to the food court.

After we got are food we sat down and started to eat.

"So, how are things with you guys?" I asked looking up at them.

"Oh. Um, things really didn't work out." Sam said looking down at his food.

"Oh. Sorry. But it's good you guys are still friends." I said my face getting flushed.

Sophie nodded. "So, have you seen Jacob yet?"

I looked up at her. "Yeah. His new girlfriend too." I could feel my voice cracking.

Sam almost spit out his water. "Girlfriend?" he asked wiping his mouth.

"Yeah. Aren't you guys bestfriends?" I asked now confused.

He shook his head really fast. "No, after you left he was really distant to everyone. We barely talked to him, and he would barely come to school. After a few months he started to be himself but still didn't talk to me. He started hang out with new people. I think I reminded him of you."

I nodded understanding this.

"Megan? Do you still like Jacob?" Sophie asked looking up at me.

I looked at both of them back and forth. "Yes." I nodded.

"But he has a girlfriend." Sam said staring at Sophie.

"Not for long." Sophie said smirking.

I looked at them back and forth. Not again. Not one of Sophie's plans.

"What?" Sam and I asked at the same time.

"Well she want's Jacob back. We could have Sam pretend to be your boyfriend to try to make him jealous." Sophie said clapping her hands.

I laughed. "Sophie you are crazy."

"I agree." Sam said laughing.

"But it could work." I said looking over at Sam.

"I'm fine with it." he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Ok. I'll text you guys tonight and we will start step one tommorow at school." Sophie said standing up and hugging me.

I waved at them and decided to walk around the mall for a little bit. After I walked around the mall I headed home.

I pulled into to the driveway and saw Jacob and Sarah making out in his garage. I couldn't take my eyes off of them. Stop Megan, I thought, turning off the engine.

I got out of the car and slammed the door just to make a point. They stopped kissing and Jacob just stared at me. I walked fast into the house and ran upstairs to my room and got ready to take a shower.

I got into the bathroom and stared into the mirror. Tomorrow was the day, that I was going to get the love of my life back. Jacob Sartorius.