Chapter 26: Party Invite (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Absolutely!" I salute her, causing her to laugh, and run upstairs.

"Kids!" I cry. "Are you ready?!"

Lisa and Maggie walk/crawl out to me.

Lisa is wearing a fancy, frilly pink and white dress and white heels. Maggie is wearing a cute little shy blue dress and black dress shoes.

(KYA! They look so cute!)

"You guys look adorable as fu- er, heck... Hey, where's Bart?"

"Kids! Come down and help me set out the food."

"I'm not su- Coming mom!" Lisa says.

Before Lisa can finish, she rushes downstairs. She didn't seem to know anyway.

Maggie stands to walk. She takes one step and falls. (ERRR! MUCH CUTENESS...)

She then looks at me and points toward Bart's room.

"Thanks Mags."
***

"Bart?! Oh god, where is he? Bart!"

I'm panicking.

I've looked everywhere and he's just nowhere to be found.

I then see that his window is open. I rush over and see Bart sitting on a tree branch. He's wearing his same orange shirt and blue jeans from earlier.

Ignoring me, he takes a small pebble from a pile he's made, pulls it back on his sling shot and lanches in in the air aimlessly.

I look at him with admiration.

"That's really cool Bart. You know I've always wanted a slingshot." He shoots another rock, hitting the backyard grill. I give small claps.

"Unfortunately, my mom wouldn't let me have one because it was "dangerous"." I stick out my tongue and chuckle.

"Just leave me alone all right?"

My face falls and I focus on the ground outside.

"...Look Bart..."

"Why are you dating him, huh?" he blurts out. "Don't you get that he's evil?"

I sigh quietly.

(This sucks so much... Heh, I'm dating a former criminal, what should I expect? Automatic acceptance from everyone? Of course not. God, I'm so stupid.)

(Okay, stop. This is no time for these kind of thoughts. Now how do I explain this to him without lying...)

"Bart, I don't think you understand. I'm not dating Sideshow Bob and I never will."

(I'm dating Bob Terwilliger- not Sideshow Bob.)

"I would never date a person who would hurt you or anyone else."

(Bob has such regret for his crimes that it kills him inside. He's done with that life.)

"Please believe me."

(I don't want to lie to you, but until the time is right, you are going to have to stay in the dark.)

Bart continues to launch pebbles at different objects.

Suddenly, something breaks inside me and I begin to cry.

(W-what is happening? Why am I crying?)

I cover my eyes and cheeks with my hands and sit frozen in place.

"... What the-? Why are you crying man?" Bart asks me suddenly.

"I... I don't know. I'm just..." I can't speak clearly as I gasp slightly for air.

"Oh my god." Bart groans. "Girls are way too emotional."

I laugh through the tears. "I know right? I wish I wasn't, but that's just biology."

He chuckles a bit before shutting his mouth with his hands. He then looks at me with a small frown.

"Um, Bart?"

"... Please... Don't date Sideshow Bob."

"Honey, I've already told you that I'm-"

"I just don't think you understand. He'll trick you into thinking he's a nice person and then he'll try to kill you. It's happened before with my mom's sister and everyone else he's been in contact with."

This makes my chest hurt a bit.

(No... Bob is a sweet person... He'd never betray me...)

I shake my head to shake away any doubt I have and look sternly at Bart. His face is now somber and sad.

I get it now.

(He doesn't hate me... he's worried about me. Wow, I can't believe I didn't see that before.)

"Bart, I'm not dating that person so you don't have to worry about me, okay?"

He takes a few moments to think.

"..."
"..."
"..."

"Really?"

"Of course." I put my arm around him and squeeze him in a hug.

"Are we cool?" I ask. He smiles and nods.

"Yeah." We pound fists.

"Okay good. Now pleeeease go get dressed."

***

"Y-y/n! You got Bart dressed? But how?" Marge and I are talking quietly in the kitchen.

"Um, well I just asked him to."

Marge pulled me into a hug.

"Oh, thank you so much!"

I laugh and reach up to pat her tall, curly blue hair.

"It's okay. It's okay. Shhhh..."

She pulls away.

"Well, I'm gonna head out, okay?" I say, yawning in exhaustion.

"What? You can't leave yet." Marge insists. "Why don't you stay for dinner?"

I gape at her.

"Oh no, I couldn't-"

Just then, my stomach made a loud grumbling noise. I blush and rub my tummy.

(I didn't even realize that I was so hungry...)

"Hehe, I guess I forgot to have lunch today..."

"That does it, you need to eat." Marge tells me, pulling me out into the kitchen by my arm.
***