Fifteen

RIHANNA POV
Area 58
Unknown Location (California)
7pm PST
I was breathless and my chest was heaving up and down as I pulled Chris out of door to the underground facility.

I quickly twisted the ring back in its original position until I heard it click. The ring must have given off a frequency that negatively triggers the micro chips each agent of the Watchers has installed.

Whatever Aubrey had given me must have somehow lowered my body temperature, rendering the chip dysfunctional.

Whatever I had injected Aubrey with must have been the same thing, but he played as if the frequency had effected him as well so no one would assume he helped me.

It took a minute to catch my breath but as soon as I did, I collected my thoughts.

I had to figure out what the hell I saw through Chris and why I didn't remember it.

CHRIS POV
If we're being honest, I don't know exactly how Robyn got us out of that fortress. But I could tell it wasn't the first time she'd had to escape from that place, I think a part of her knew that too.

What I did know is that we were in LA and I had to get her back to those people. I was just following orders and my orders were too keep Robyn away from me for as long as I could. But here I was running off to God knows where with her.

I cared for Robyn. I still care for her. I may even love her and clearly another part of me loved her madly. But I didn't know that man. All I knew was that this Aubrey guy truly loved Robyn on a level I could never give her. I knew that she cared deeply for him. She loved him. She in no way was in love with him, but I think she wanted to be.

He was her best option. He would never betray her. He would never hurt her. He would love her always.

I would betray her. I would hurt her. It was who I was.

"It's a kill mission now, you know that right?"

Robyn stopped in her tracks, looking back at me. "What?"

"They'll kill you. You know too much and you can't be salvaged. They'll kill you." I repeated.

She shifted her weight, looking into my eyes. "Are you going to help them?"

"If those are my orders, I will follow them."

That didn't really seem to shock her. "So what are your plans without orders?"

I shrugged. "I wait for them."

"Even knowing that you're just a pawn? They think you're an idiot and you're still loyal to them?" She questioned.

"Maybe I am." I looked around us. There was the Hollywood sign and not much else. "I won't kill you myself. But I will take you to someone who will."

She grabbed my hand again, pulling me up the mountain towards the scenic trail. "I know where we can go. It's the only way to get the answers I need."

"Even if it kills you?"

"As you said, I'm already dead. I'm just living on borrowed time. But if I'm going to die, I want to find out why."

CHRIS POV
Gated Community
Calabasas, California
7:45pm PST
I could see why Aubrey and part of myself so throughly loved his woman. She truly was extraordinary.

She's battled her way out of a fortress full of highly trained agents. She was determined and never took no for an answer. I felt a calmness around her that I never before felt.

"Are you coming?" Robyn questioned standing on the porch of one of the mansions in this neighborhood.

"You didn't foolishly return home, did you?" I asked.

She laughed. "I wouldn't think you'd underestimate me like this."

"Where are we then?"

She shrugged and turned to knock on the door before her.

"Who are you?" Spat the woman who answered. She was wearing a black silk robe. It was all she had on.

Robyn didn't respond. She threw a quick punch to the woman's gut and pushed the woman back into the floor before stepping over her.

Quickly I followed behind her, shutting the door and helping the first woman up. Then I saw him.

Matt was standing in front of Robyn like he'd seen a ghost.

"You owe me answers." She said fiercely, gripping his shirt collar.

"Y-you... you.." He stammered before looking over at me. "W-what is this?"

Robyn looked back at me, but I was just as confused as she was.

"What happened?" She demanded to know. "What happened at homecoming?"

Matt shook his head over and over, saying that this wasn't real, that Robyn couldn't be real.

"YOU OWE ME ANSWERS MATT!" Robyn yelled.

The woman Robyn had punched, stood angrily as she yelled over at Robyn.

Matt was yelling too. He just kept repeating those same two sentences over and over again.

"TELL ME NOW!"

"You died. You died. You can't be here. You're dead. You're dead." Matt cried dropping to the floor in front of Robyn. He wrapped his hands around her ankles, hugging her tightly. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

Robyn looked wildly back at me then down at Matt again. "I'm-I'm not.. I'm not dead? Matt I'm not dead."

"Stop it. Stop hurting him. Stop hurting my daddy." A little girl, not more than six, frowned rounding the corner of the stairs.

She was absolutely beautiful. Her skin was golden much like Matt's but a bit deeper. Her eyes were the prettiest shade of green, I saw Robyn's reflection in them. Her lips were much like Robyn's as well. Her cupid's bow was identical to Robyn's. They were even built the same.

I could see Matt in the girl as well, but Robyn dominated her.

The girl tilted her head, seeming a little shocked. "Mommy?" She questioned moving towards Robyn. "Daddy said you were with the angels."

Robyn stood frozen in time.

The girl ran over to Robyn, hugging her legs tightly. "Mommy! I missed you!"

The memory hit me hard. It felt like there'd been a wall between memories of Robyn and who I was. They suddenly rushed back as if the dam gave way.

"Robyn, she's yours. She's your daughter. Matt... He... I didn't save you like I thought, Rob. I'm sorry Robyn. I'm so sorry."

Robyn bent down, gripping the girls shoulders. She forced a smile, looking over the girls face. "My name is Robyn-"

"I know who you are Mommy." The girl giggled.

"Of course you do." Robyn laughed back. "I'm sorry.. I just don't.. I don't know how to do this."

"I was named after you. Milano Rihanna Kemp, but daddy calls me Mila."

"Rob." I said, trying to draw her attention. "You're putting her in danger."

Robyn kissed the girl's forehead. "It's nice to finally meet you." She turned her attention back to Matt. "We need to talk."