Eight

Three days later
RIHANNA POV
Fenty Residence
Calabasas, California
3pm PST
"Robyn, I'm going to need to debrief you." My father said, standing over me in my bed.

"Daddy-"

"SSA Fenty, this is a formal debriefing." He said sternly.

"Let the girl sleep." I heard my mother call from down the hall.

They'd been taking very good care of me since the Bureau had given me personal paid time off. My injuries had seriously convinced the Bureau that I hadn't been involved in the escape of Chris and Michael.

My family, in turn, hated Chris. Well at least my father did. He thought Chris had been the one that beat me so bad, but it wasn't.

Chris was only able to hit me twice before he broke down, unable to continue. Michael happily stepped in for him. A little too happily for me.

Chris couldn't stomach it.

"Monica, these are matters of national security!" He yelled back at her. "You know they have to know, SSA Fenty."

"Daddy, please don't be so rough with me." I begged, sitting up gingerly in the bed.

"Baby, I don't wish to be, but you know I have to."

I nodded. "I didn't reveal anything to them."

"You used your deletion and impression lobe accessories twice. Once over the allotted time limit by security standards in the area of an FBI training facility and lab."

"Earrings dad, you can call th-"

"The correct name for them, SSA Fenty."

I sighed, shaking my head. "I made a mistake." I admitted. "My emotional status was compromised due to the involvement of a disease engineered by the federal government upon the life of a toddler. The male parental figure of the toddler aged male child is a conspiracy theorist who was concerned with the involvement of the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the creation of the disease. Initially I planned to help the child combat the disease; however, with the addition of the troubled parental figure, I had to force the idea of rightness and .... and trust in the institution of the FBI. I implemented the idea that a cure waiting on approval on by the Food and Drug Administration."

My father nodded, accepting my explanation. "And the time limit violation?"

"In order to protect myself and the order, I had to destroy the visual and memorable evidence of my involvement to insure that protection of the order was held to the current security standards."

"Accepted." He nodded. "The Triad will be notified of your explanation. They will contact you of the repercussions."

I nodded, remembering something from earlier.

"What do you want for dinner, baby?" He smiled.

"What happened to my letters?"

"What letters?"

"Daddy."

My father smiled and patted my head. "Rest now Robyn. That- ..." He struggled to come up with a word. "That man.. He beat you baby. You need not worry for him anymore."

"B-"

"'Monica!" He called walking out of the room, down through the hallway.

He was hiding something, I knew that. He always had this look about him when he was truly trying to keep something from me and mother, especially mother. There were things that he knew and that I knew that we could never tell her. I think that truly hurt him sometimes.