Seven

CHRIS POV
US-29 N
Maryland
2pm EST
I took a deep breath pulling over to the side of the road, hoping that Robyn hadn't woken up yet. I felt terrible about having to put her in the trunk, but it was the only way I could save her for now. Michael didn't trust her like I did, which was strange because she had saved his son's life, but he would trust her eventually.

I was going to let Robyn go before we got to the airport in Baltimore. The Boss had some boys working over in Philly I could trust, I was gonna have them take her into Philly and drop her off outside a fire station. She wouldn't be harmed... I could trust Meek with Robyn.

"Do you know why I pulled you over, Sir?" The officer said, stepping up to the car window.

"Don't answer that," Michael said, "That's they way of getting you to incriminate yourself."

I shook my head.

His ol' paranoid ass..

"Nah, I really don't, officer. I don't believe I was speeding."

The officer laughed and shook his head. "Your speed was fine, Sir, but your right taillight is missing."

"Oh shit, really?" I immediately thought back to Robyn. What was she up to?

"Yes sir, you didn't know that?" The officer questioned.

"Uh, no." I responded.

"It's probably our luggage." Chyna said quickly. "I told you it wasn't in there good enough, but I'm just a woman right?"

"Luggage? Where are you headed?" The officer asked, looking to the backseat towards Chyna and King. "Something wrong with your little boy Miss?"

"Leukemia." Chyna responded softly. "We are going to Philly so he can receive better treatment at a better hospital."

"I'm sorry about that Miss." The officer looked over us once again before sighing contently. "I, uh, I don't see any reason not to let you guys off with a warning. You need to get your light fixed as soon as possible though, understand?"

I nodded. "Thank you so much officer."

"No problem, you guys drive safe now and good luck with your boy."

I took a deep breath and thanked the officer again before pulling off, heading back up the road.

"You know your bitch did that right?" Michael said.

"I AIN'T NO BITCH!" Robyn screamed from the trunk.

She must have punched the light out or something, but if she was trying to get out, why didn't she signal the cop?

"I think we should let her in the car." Chyna spoke up. "She's on our side. She just doesn't want to be apart of us anymore. I understand that... I can relate." She said the last part quickly as she look down at her son.

"You done with me?" Michael squinted his eyes at her, but she didn't say anything or even look at him. "I asked you a fucking question."

"Man calm down." I shook my head, "We can't fall apart now."

"I deserve an answer."

Chyna kept her eyes on her son.

"Aight listen, I'm gon take this exit and find somewhere to eat. We all need answers."

Michael faced back towards the front of the car, shaking his head.

I understood why Chyna wanted out and it wasn't because she didn't love Michael. We were likely to be on the run for the rest of our lives. She would have to watch King's every move and make sure no one really got a good look either of them. We couldn't be successful at anything because that would draw attention.