Prologue: Roots 2

The Homecoming Dance

Hours Later

"You wanna get out of here? Grab something to eat before I have to get you home?" Matt asked as he danced with Robyn, his hands perched on her hips.

Robyn nodded slowly. "We have to get Rorrey."

"Nah.. your friend Chris can take him home right? I need some time with just you, looking like this." His fingers traced the lacey red design on her bodice as he flashed a sweet smile at her.

Robyn felt like putty in his hands. She'd never said no to Matt, how could she with a smile like his? He'd been her first kiss and one day she hoped that he would be her first time with a man.

"C'mon Robz.. we can just go sit, you and me. It's hard to get lost in the moment with you, with all these people around."

"Ok.. ok, Matt." Robyn whispered that she was leaving to Melissa, then took Matt's hand and headed out to his car.

Matt helped her into the car like a true gentleman before moving over to the driver's side of the vehicle and climbing in.

Wrapping her nails against the arm rest, Robyn looked out towards the window watching the condensation race down the window as the car slowly began to heat. Goosebumps spread over her thighs as Matt's warm hand slowly rubbed back and forth over her knee.

"Where are we going, babe?" Robyn asked looking over at him, lifting his hand off her knee.

"Give me a kiss and I'll tell you."

Giggling like a school girl. Robyn rolled her eyes playfully before leaning over and pecking his lips.

"Nahh.."

Matt wrapped his right arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him as his tongue forced open her lips. For three months he's been taking this girl out and for three months she'd offered him only soft pecks on his lips. He'd been waiting too long for a real kiss.

Pressing her hands against his chest, Robyn tried to pull back, but Matt overpowered her and kept her body in the same position as his tongue probed her mouth, trying to get her into the same mood he was in.

"Matt stop-" Robyn groaned, digging her nails into the jacket of his tuxedo, desperately trying to force him back.

All she could think about was what kissing him would lead to and she highly doubted that he had protection. If she got pregnant her father would not only disown her but he make her abort her baby and ship her off to the NSA Bahrain to live with her uncle.

"Stop fighting me Rob, don't you love me?" Matt knew very well that he was not only Robyn's first boyfriend, but the only boy to show her any positive attention since she got to Virginia. "I love you Robyn."

Robyn felt her heart flutter for a moment, then it subsided as Matt tried to force himself on her again, in the process his grips and grabs ripped Robyn's dress exposing her breast.

In a flash, the car door ripped open and Matt was pulled from the car and thrown onto the ground. Robyn was too embarrassed by her exposure to worry about Matt, instead she tried in vain to fix her dress.

Chris drove his fists into Matt's face over and over as Michael struggled to pull him off of Matt. Finally, he manage to pull the ravenous Chris away as the anger in him was calmed by the sobs he heard coming from the car. That's when he noticed the tear in Robyn's dress, which of course only made him angrier.

He and Matt had agreed that Matt would date Robyn and eventually break up with her, but they were to end on good terms. He wanted his best friend to have something in her life besides grades and the Navy. They never agreed on this.