30.0 Run Boy Run

Andromeda crouched down in the North foxhole with her weapon at the ready. Next to her, Sterling readied his weapon.

"Any sign of them?" she asked him.

Sterling shook his head, "No. Nothing. It's like there taunting us."

"They are."

Andromeda saw movement to her left. Grounders.

"Sterling, radio Bellamy," she barked at him.

She trained her sights on one Grounder when another walked into her view. She switched targets but before she could steady her line of fire another Grounder appeared. She pulled back from her sights. There were many Grounders just running around South of the wall. Next to her, a shot went off. She could hear Bellamy's voice coming over the radio but she couldn't make out what he was saying. All around her shots were fired at the Grounders. She let out two shots and hit one of the Grounders sending him sprawling to the ground. She didn't know if he was alive or dead.

Once the Grounder was shot, the rest of them disappeared. Andromeda swiveled around in the foxhole to try to catch a glimpse of them.

"Where'd they go?" she asked Sterling.

"I don't know. They just vanished."

Andromeda cursed under her breath before turning to address the rest of the south foxhole, "Keep your eyes peeled. They're waiting for us."

As soon as she said this, Grounds reemerged from the shadows. They seemed to have multiplied. There were at least fifteen on their side alone. Andromeda didn't want to think of how many actually surrounded them.

Sterling unloaded a clip into the running Grounders hoping to hit something. As the Grounders ran to the right one of them tripped one of the few mines that Raven and Jasper set up in the field.

"Raven our mines actually work," Jasper yelled over the radio.

Blood and pieces of flesh rained down on the foxhole covering them in what was left of the Grounder.

"Jasper we need you to get to the drop ship. Now!" Clarke's voice rang out over the radio.

"Negative, I can't lose a gunner," Bellamy replied.

Andromeda snatched the radio from Sterling, "Jasper go, those lands are mined. It'll be fine."

Andromeda trained her sights on the field in front of her and frowned. The Grounders weren't attacking them. She thought this was just taunting but it was actually strategy. She looked to the empty clips next to her and cursed.

"Dammit don't shoot people. The Grounders aren't attacking but making us waste bullets. Don't shoot when they're running laterally," she shouted into the radio.

Bellamy's voice answered, "Andromeda's right. Do not fire unless you are sure it attack. Repeat, do not fire unless you are sure it is an attack."

All was quiet after this command. Andromeda lowered her gun to get a better look at the surrounding area. It was almost like they were called off, as if they knew. Shouts reached their ears and Andromeda saw Grounders running at them.

"Fire," she muttered to the South foxhole.

Andromeda fired into the oncoming onslaught of Grounders and they dropped beneath her bullets. There were too many.