16.0 Sympathy for the Devil

Three days had passed since they had tortured the Grounder. He was still tied up like an animal barely kept alive. Andromeda hadn't stepped one foot inside of the drop ship this whole time. She felt a little sick every time she looked at it. She couldn't believe that they did that but at least Finn was alive and on the mend.

Octavia refused to speak to either Andromeda or Bellamy. She mostly spent her days trying to get in to see the Grounder. Andromeda and Bellamy were ignoring each other as well. Neither of them knew what to say. Bellamy couldn't realistically justify his actions and Andromeda didn't know how to make the situation better even though she desperately wanted to. So they just did what they did best and got angry. The only exchanges they had since that day were stolen glances from across the camp.

Andromeda wasn't in the mood to play nice with anyone else for that matter. Two days ago, she had a videoconference with her father.

Flashback

"Andromeda," Clarke called to her as she exited the "Command Tent" or where the radio was, "You're dad's ready."

Andromeda nodded as she dropped her spear and quickly walked toward the tent. She pushed open the flap and saw her father, James, waiting on the screen for her. She paused for a moment, taking a deep breath, before stepping in view of the camera. When her father saw her, he broke out into a warm grin that seemed to awaken some fond memories in her head. Andromeda put on the headset.

"Princess..." he father choked out. There were tears welled in his eyes but he would not let them fall.

Andromeda stiffened "Don't call me that. Down here, that name's taken."

"What do they call you?"

"Bitch mostly," she said frowning.

"Androm...." James began.

"How are you? How's the Ark?" Andromeda asked to change the subject.

"Forget me and damn the Ark, how are you? What's it like on the ground? What's been going on?"

Andromeda opened her mouth to explain but quickly shut it. She tried to find a place to begin but tears quickly came to her as she tried so hard to stop them.

"What happened?" James touched the camera as he tried to reach out to her and comfort her.

"It's beautiful here," she sniffed, "Everything is so green, so blue, so pure; it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

James frowned, "Then why are you crying?"

"I'm sorry."

"For what, sweetie? Crying?"

Andromeda shook her head slowing her tears, "No. Stop. You don't get to play the caring father now. You missed your chance. You're about ten years too late"

"Andromeda, look at me," she did so, "Can we ever get past this?"

Andromeda didn't believe so but for her father's sake she smiled. This seemed to satisfy him because he tried to change it to a happier topic.

"Alden says hello. They wouldn't let him in to talk with you. Something about family only..." James chuckled.

She stemmed the flow of tears to a slow, gentle one or two, "I'm surprised he didn't find a way. I miss him. Raven is here."

"Reyes?"

"Yeah."

James broke out into another smile, "Now there's a fiery girl."