27.0 American Beauty/American Psycho

That next night, no one slept. When they reached camp, everyone was hyper vigilant since Clarke and Finn left. Bellamy had gone near insane the moment he stepped foot into camp. He kept ordering everyone to prepare the defenses and set up traps. That is where Andromeda found herself when a gunfire shot rang out through the night. She had been working on strengthening the south wall when it happened. Swinging the gun from her back into her hands, she ran to the north end of camp.

"Hey! What the hell is the matter with you?" Bellamy barked at a boy on watch.

Andromeda's muscles loosened with tension knowing that it was a false alarm.

"I'm sorry man I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day," he explained.

This was apparently the wrong thing to say to Bellamy. He charged the boy and shoved him into the tree he was leaning against.

"We've all been on watch all day. That bullet was one less dead Grounder!"

Octavia stopped him, "Bell, you're scaring people."

"They should be scared! The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare but that time is up! The Grounders are out there right now waiting for us to leave and picking us off one-by-one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead! If you want to be next, I can't stop you. But no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work!"

Bellamy stormed off back into camp. Andromeda rolled her eyes and followed him into the drop ship.

"What the hell was that?" she yelled at him.

"What the hell was what?" he snapped back.

Andromeda threw her hands up, "Oh, I don't know. How about scaring the whole camp into obedience."

"Andromeda, you said it yourself yesterday, 'we're all going to die.' Isn't this what you want?"

"Bellamy, you said that we shouldn't tell them that! What the hell has changed?"

Bellamy got really close to her face to shout at her, "Clarke and Finn and Monty are missing!"

"Then instead of sitting here on your ass, let's look for them!"

He turned his back on her and walked to the other side of the drop ship before loading a clip full of bullets, "If you want to go I'm not going to stop you. Just leave your gun here."

"Bellamy, be reasonable..."

"Reasonable? What about this isn't reasonable? Stop being so damn pathetic and get to work!"

Andromeda stepped back like he slapped her. The two glared at each other long and hard. Rage boiled up inside of her.

"You know what's pathetic? Thinking I could be friends with a psychopath like you!"

She spun on her heel before going to the door of the drop ship. Before she left, she turned back around to Bellamy and threw down her gun at his feet.

"Here's your damn gun," she spat before exiting the ship.

She marched across camp and back to her post. Nobody said a thing to her as they saw her pass. Andromeda was seething with rage. She snapped three cables to support the wall when she pulled to hard against them. She was pissed at Bellamy, probably more pissed than she had ever been in her life.

Andromeda turned around and kicked an empty bucket and it flew across camp disappearing among the various tents. She knelt down in the dirt and went back to tying knots at the base of the wall. She felt a body kneel down next her to her but didn't turn to look who it was until they said something.