23.0 Medicine

Clarke took a long while examining Octavia because she hadn't been showing signs. Andromeda and Bellamy waited with baited breath, though standing far away from each other, for the diagnosis. Andromeda felt herself getting weaker and weaker. Despite the fact that she stopped bleeding, she felt worse and her body worked just to keep her upright.

"Okay, we're done. No visible signs of swelling or bleeding," Clarke announced.

"So you're saying she doesn't have it?" Bellamy asked her.

"I'm saying she doesn't have symptoms," she clarified, "But that could change. We need to keep her here just in case."

"No way! Look at this place. She'll get sick just by being here!"

"Do you want to stop the spread or not? Look I'll keep her on the third level with the people who aren't symptomatic yet. Think of it as a way to stop her from sneaking out again."

"Screw you, Clarke," Octavia snapped.

Clarke wasn't fazed, "I'll let you know if her condition changes."

Bellamy finally nodded and with one last look at Andromeda, he left the drop ship.

Octavia rolled her eyes at the two girls left and made to climb the ladder but Clarke stopped her, "Octavia wait! I need you to sneak out again. Lincoln is the only person who could have a cure. We need it."

Octavia looked at Andromeda's blood stained face before she nodded resolutely and left the drop ship.

Andromeda's strength had waned and she went to lie down. She didn't know that she had fallen asleep until someone's coughing had woken her up. She groaned and sat up as her head was pounding.

"Good, you're awake," Clarke said making her way over to the girl.

"How long was I out?"

"An hour maybe. Look I need you to help get Angelina's body out of here. I've got to look after the others."

Andromeda pushed herself to her feet shakily, "Aye, Aye, captain."

When she was out of the drop ship she marveled at how small the camp seemed now. Bellamy spotted her and walked over to her.

"Stay back, Bellamy," she said and he stopped short.

"What's going on?"

Andromeda shrugged her shoulders, "Angelina."

As she said this, two of the infected brought a dead girl out into the camp and laid her to rest by the boy who died of the infection a little earlier. The camp gathered around to see the show but dissipated after her body was laid down.

"Alright, shows over. Get back to your posts!" Bellamy commanded them. He turned back to Andromeda. "How are you feeling?"

"Like death. Thanks for asking."

"Do you have enough food in there? Water?"

Andromeda nodded, "I think so. Some medicine might me nice though." She had begun to feel bad again. She shouldn't have gotten up so quickly.

Bellamy smiled, "I'll see what I can do, sweetheart."

Andromeda turned to go back into the drop ship before Bellamy called out, "Octavia, you okay?"

Andromeda froze when he tried to call her again. He started to make his way into the drop shop before Andromeda stopped him with her hands outstretched.

"She's not here, Bellamy. Clarke sent her to see Lincoln," she explained.

Rage crossed his face.