20.0 Ready, Aim, Fire

Clarke, Finn, and Andromeda had been walking through a part of the forest Andromeda had never been through before. She was getting so used to walking though the trees that the rough terrain didn't bother her anymore. What was bothering her right now was the way Finn was practically leading them to their deaths.

"I'd love for you to be right about this, I really would, but did you ever stop and consider that this could be a trap and that we could die in horrific ways," Andromeda called out to him. He was pointedly walking several feet ahead of her with Clarke.

"Yep, but since it's Unity Day, I decided to have hope instead," Finn replied.

"Hope is overrated," she muttered under her breath.

Finn miss-stepped and hurt his still healing wound and Clarke went to check it out. They had a little awkward moment when Clarke was running her hand across his chest. Andromeda pretended to be busy with a nearby tree to give them a second of privacy.

Clarke seemed to pull away because then she said, "Seriously Finn, you're putting a lot of faith in a guy who stuck a knife in you."

"You're sounding more and more like Bellamy," he responded.

Andromeda walked over to the two of them as Clarke said, "I'm just trying to keep us alive."

"So am I."

"As nice as this is," Andromeda interrupted, "Can we keep moving now?"

Finn gave her a short nod and he started off again. Andromeda and Clarke looked at each other before Clarke pulled out a stack of nuts and dropped them on the ground for Bellamy to follow. Then, they took off after Finn.

They made it to the meeting site just before dawn like Finn promised. When they ran through the underbrush Andromeda saw an old, rusted bridge that was connecting the two sides of the ravine. What shocked her was Octavia standing on the bridge waiting. Andromeda rushed forward to hug her before she could protest.

"Dammit, Octavia are you okay? Why are you out here?"

Octavia didn't push her off like Andromeda expected her to but she didn't hug her back. When Andromeda let go of her she responded.

"I wasn't going to let this happen without me."

"What?" Andromeda asked her with a confused look on her face.

Clarke's voice came out from behind them, "So that's how you set this up. You helped him escape."

Octavia didn't deny it. It took Andromeda a second before she figured out what they were talking about. The Grounder. Andromeda looked at Octavia sharply and she glared back.

"You helped him out even though he kidnapped us?!" Andromeda exclaimed.

"You know damn well he saved our lives!" Octavia shouted back.

Andromeda paused for a moment before opening her mouth and promptly shutting it again.

"I trust him, Andromeda," Octavia said firmly.

Since being on the ground, this was the first time other than being pissed at her brother that Octavia showed real determination and strength. Who was Andromeda to deny her this? Andromeda rolled her eyes and nodded her head. Octavia looked at her gratefully and she knew that they were okay once more.

Rustling was heard coming from the bushes on the other side of the bridge. They all stiffened and waited to run for their lives should they have to. The Grounder that had captured them ran out from the trees and began to cross the bridge. It was only out of loyalty to Octavia that Andromeda didn't run. She watched as her friend ran and embraced the Grounder. When they pulled apart, Andromeda saw how they looked at each other and realized, quite obviously, that they were lovers.