Chapter 11

My tongue automatically fought for dominance, sliding over the top of his and wrapping around it too, earning many moans from Zayn. His hands were entangled in my curls. We pulled back needing air and just stared into each other’s eyes again gasping for air

“I’d better get back to training” I whispered kissing his head and pulling the gloves back on and going back to the punch bag and started punching it again. All the time Zayn was watching me, still without the shirt. I finished and walked back over “come on, I need to shower before the lads get back” I said picking up my t-shirt.

Zayn walked downstairs and I went into the shower. When I finished I put on my sweats again and left the t-shirt off. I walked into the kitchen and poured some water and leant against the side as Dusty walked around my feet “hey the baby girl” I placed the glass down and scooped her up cuddling her close

“Have I been replaced?” Zayn’s voice sounded from the kitchen doorway “yep” I smirked kissing the kitten in my arms “well are you going to introduce me to my replacer?” he chuckled “Zayn, this is Dusty, she was a present from Olly for my birthday” I say handing her to him and he cradled her in his arms scratching under her chin. The whole time a loud purr emitting from her throat “she’s a cute one” he chuckled as she nibbled on his thumb “ow, and she’s got strong teeth!” he laughed “she is only a kitten!” I chuckled as he walked over to me “and she’s our little girl” he said softly pecking my lips.

I smiled as he waltzed back into the lounge with Dusty still in his arms. I heard a knock on the door and opened it to see Liam with masses of bags of clothing “Malik!” I shouted and he walked over to us, still with Dusty in his arms, “ah my new clothes! Cheers lads” he smiled taking the bags off Liam “anytime mate, here’s your change Haz” Liam said handing me £60.87 change “cheers, Zayn, I’ll show you to your room” I smiled and led him up.

His room was the spare room next to mine “thanks mate” he smiled disappointment in his voice “Zayn” I whispered “yeah” he sighed “you can come into my room anytime you like, but for tonight let’s not okay?” I asked and he nodded. He put the bags in the room and bolted into the lounge where Dusty was waiting for him.

I went into my gym and slid down the wall. “Dad, I know you probably won’t hear this but I miss you. Each day I miss you more. I just... I wish you were still here, maybe then we’d still be a family” I whispered as a few tears slipped down my cheeks. I heard someone walking up the stairs. Before I looked I heard a light mew from Dusty and I looked into her eyes. I smiled and picked her up “your my new family Dusty” I whispered to the kitten in my lap “am I in this family?” a familiar voice came “only if you want to be” I sighed looking at Zayn “Harry, I think there’s more to this kitten than we know” he said sliding beside me “and are you crying?” he asked “no, not at all, what, what makes you think I’m crying?” I lied badly earning a chuckle from Zayn “well, there are tear stains on your cheeks for a start” he said wiping away the tears that were falling.

“I just... I just miss my dad, and with mum and Gemma leaving yesterday made me think... ‘what if he was still here, then maybe we would still be together’” I sighed cuddling into the older boy beside me “Harry, you father hasn’t really left you, I’d say he lives right here” he whispered placing his hand on my chest.

I looked into his eyes and he smiled. It was a soft smile which, in a way comforted me. More tears ran down my face “shh its okay, I’m here don’t worry” he whispered pulling me closer. “Haz, I want you to know something” he whispered “what?” I replied “I want you to know that I’m sorry” he sighed

“Sorry about what?” I asked “bullying you. I guess I was jealous of you because you were openly gay and I wasn’t. I guess I was only thinking of my reputation really” he sighed and looked down. “Zayn, we all do stupid things and they are easily forgiven” I smiled. “Thanks” he said as he let out a sigh of relief.