Chapter 23.

OHMYGOSH!! My book is #5 on the what's hot list!!!! Thank you so much guy's!!!!:D and i'm proud to announce that It's also #14 in romance and #19 in humor!!!!! Ps. I am delaying the deadline till tomorrow night -just because I got this chapter out later than I thought I would- to turn in everything for the one-shot contest.

ANd I will announce the finalist shortly afterwards!! Hope more people enter!! And remember, it doesn't have to be perfect! Lol.

______________________________________________________________

"Um, what?" I shook my head, trying to see if I heard him right.

"You heard me... You know, It's not fair that Jason get's to have a pretty little thing like you all to himself." He said as his eye's were looking me up and down.

"Life's not fair" I muttered. "excuse me" I tried to push past him, but he grabbed my arm and swung me back so I was up against the wall.

"And where do you think you're going?" he chuckled. Suddenly my mind starts going into panic mode and my breathing starts to become a little faster, the pressure of his hand on my arm was feeling suffocating and so was his presence.

"j-just... walking." I said stuttering as I tried to get ahold of my breathing.

"Awe, but I thought we could mess around... have a good time" he said slowly as he stepped closer to me.

"Move" I ordered him as best eras I could while giving him a disgusted look.

"Nah, you see... Unlike my brother and Jason, I don't take orders from Girls-" his hand moved to grab my cheeks. " I just take what I want from them."

"Get off of me!" I tried pushing him away, my breathing becoming erratic and my heart pounding faster than a humming birds wings. Panic was clawing at me, my palms were becoming clammy and my face was flushing.

"Garret might have been testing your loyalty to Jason, but I'm not..." He said, making me look up at him weirdly. Is that why Garret did that? "I just want a little fun, and I always get what I want" he growled out.

My heart rate spiked again and I tried to move away from him, but his hold on my arm was still there, keeping me from moving. I was starting to hyperventilate, and tried jerking myself away from him, but he closed himself closer in on me. Before I even knew what I was doing, I jerked my leg up and kicked him as hard as I could between the legs.

He groaned loudly doubled over, letting go of my face and arm. Before I could process what I did, I saw him glare up at me with a murderous look.

"You little B****!!" He ground out, then he reached his hand out and tried to grab at me. My seances finally kicked back in and I jumped away just in time and ran down the hall, away from a still slightly haunched over Nate.

"Hey Dakota, You-what's wrong?" Garret asked confused as he saw me running into the living room.

"I-Nate... He t-tried-" My eye's were wide and glassy, and I was panting still As I tried to tell Garret.

"Get Back here!" Nate roared as he came stomping out of the hallway.

"What happened?" Garret got ignored as I ran around him, I looked around for and escape rout but got trapped. Nate suddenly was all better, and was right behind me, yanking my hair.

"You think you can do that to me?! No! You're going to pay for that" He growled threateningly.

"GET AWAY!" I screamed out, My panic rising again. Then suddenly I stopped thrashing when I felt a cold metal against my neck.

"Nate! Stop this!" I heard Garret suddenly shout. "put the Knife down." He said in an authoritative tone.

"No! She deserves it! I have the control, not her. She's my little puppet, I can make her do whatever I want now" he said in a dark tone. "and like I said, I always get what I want." He said right by my ear, sending tidal waves of panic through me.

"Nate! Put it down!" Garret Barked.

"Just like you to do this" he suddenly said harshly towards Garret, started to take the knife away from my throat. "You know, you think you have control over me-" Nate suddenly pushes the knife closer to my throat to where it starts digging in. "Like I can control her! You can't touch me because for some reason, you seem to want to get this girl away from Jason. Do you see something in her? Or is it someone," he said, sounding crazy. "is is Lacy?"

"Don't! Say. Her. Name." He growled out. "this has nothing to do with her-"

"Yes, it does! I saw it the minute I walked in here!" Nate said with a dark chuckle. "She looks the same... and she's in the same situation." Garret must have had a dumbstruck look on his face because Nate starts laughing. "oh, you didn't think I noticed huh? That she looks almost exactly like your cousin? That she looks almost exactly like the 'little sister' that died from abuse?" My throat went dry form that news, and my tears were still running down my face.

"I knew it would break you... I just knew it" Nate said in an amused voice.

"Why? Why do this?" Garret asked, his voice hard and scratchy. As I'm kneeled down on my knee's, I realized, and suddenly remembered that I had Ty's knife in my boot still. I slowly reach back and start trying to grab it with the tips of my fingers.

"becasue I loath you." Nate hissed. "You were the adopted one, yet you were the most loved. You always got all of the attention." He hissed. "so I figured it would be a win-win. I would get some fun, and it would break you at the same time... you may have not known this girl for long, but even you know that she looks exactly like her, and you will still feel the pain of knowing your too late. You walked in on her too late..."

"STOP!" Garret roared. Nate suddenly dropped the knife just enough away from my throat and I was able to breath again. I quickly reach back and grab the knife into my hand, then flip it around.

"Why? Why should I stop?" Nate moved the knife a little more away from my throat and I used that to my advantage and flipped the blade out, then swung back and planted it into Nate's thigh.

"Ah!" he screams out in pain and starts falling towards the floor. I quickly take the knife out and put the blade back.

"Dakota RUN!!" Garret screamed as I stood up, and I took that advise and bolted for the door.

"Come back here!" Nate roared as he starts trying to get up.

My feet couldn't hit the floor fast enough, but I was soon out the door. But just as soon as my feet touched the pavement outside, a car suddenly comes skidding to a stop. I jump and try to get out of the way, putting my hands on the hood as the car comes to a stop, then look up to see Jason.

His face quickly goes from one of shock, to one of rage. He slams the door open and starts to yell at me, but another's voice cut's him off.

"Run! Dakota! Get out of here!" Garret shouts as he chases Nate out of the house. I didn't need to be told again, and took off as fast as my feet could. I heard and oof and glanced back to see Garret tackling Nate to the ground just feet from where I am, then I see Jason's raged face.

I turn back around and keep running, faster than I have ever before, I take a glance back and see that i'm somehow leaving Jason in the dust. After another minute my breathing starts to catch up to me and my steps start to slow, then I find myself stopping up against a tree. I look down at the knife in my hand and see some blood still on it, and almost gag as the memory flashes back.

I start hearing footsteps running in my directing from behind me, and take off running again. Not as fast but still Fast enough to where the person isn't going to catch up anytime soon. Twigs snap under my feet and leaves are crunching as I run, the tree's are going by in a blur and my heart is racing as face as my feet.

Suddenly I hear the sounds of a break in the tree's like a clearing or... a road!! My feet somehow don't slow down and start pushing me even faster.

Then suddenly I see 4 people in front of me as well as a street. My heart soars as I see recognizable faces and know who they are. They turn my way as they hear my feet pounding on the ground, one of them point's to me and then they all start running towards me.

"Dakota!!" I hear the glorious voice of Ty shout out.

"Tyler!" I cry out and run into his arms.

His arms grab me into a hug as fast as they can, encircling me, and holding on tight like I might disappear. After a minute of just embracing each other, he pulls back some and cups my face in his hand. His eye's scan my face and then lock onto my eye's.

I stared up at his face and see bags under his eye's, and the tiredness that shows Immensely through them. He leans down and slowly places a kiss on my lips, and I feel tears spill over his face as he pulls back some and chuckles.

"You're here. You're really here" he mumbles, his eye's shinning in happiness.

"I'm here" I chuckled through my tears, smiling up at him.

"You have no idea how worried I was, how long I had searched for you" he says as he kisses my forehead repeatedly.

"I thought I would never see you again,"I said crying with happy tears. His hand moves up a little, then he wipes my tears away. "how are you even here?" I asked.

" I got a-" before he could tell me, Jason come's into view, and he's furious. Ty moves me so I'm behind him, and face's Jason with the most deadly Look on his face I've ever seen.

"Dakota. I thought I told you not to leave the house?" Jason ground out through his teeth, not even bothering with the fact that Ty's right in front of me and started taking a couple steps closer.

"You stay the hell away from Dakota" Ty said in a tight voice, moving his body so he was more in front of me. Jason stopped where he was then smirked in Ty's direction.

"That's all right, she can just come to me like last time" Ty's body stiffened, and Jason chuckled. "come on Dakota" Jason had a smirk on his face. I took in a deep breath and faced Jason, moving out from behind Ty a little.

"Jason, I'm not going anywhere with you" I told him, feeling safe enough with Ty.

"Yes, you are," he said narrowing his eye's at me and lowering his voice. "do I need to drag you back to the house?"

"Over my dead body" Ty gritted through his teeth.

"That could be arranged" Jason snapped at him.

"Jason, stop!" I shouted, causing him to snap his attention back to me. "I'm not going with you anywhere, ever."

"Not this again."Jason sighed, throwing his head back. "Is this because the other night? I thought we made up already!"

"Jason, you hurt me. Again!" I felt Ty go rigged as I said that.

"I said I was sorry," he threw his hands out. "would it help if I begged?" he asked, then before I could say anything he came closer and got down on his knee's. "Dakota, will you please forgive me for ever hurting you? I Love yousqueezed"

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say to him. I was still scared to talk back to him, but it was helping knowing that Ty was right here beside me. He reached over and squeezed my hand, letting me know that it's okay for me to continue, that I needed to do this. When I stayed silent this long, Jason decided to get up, his face becoming angrier by the minute.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" he asked.

"Jason-" he cut me off.

"You love me too, right?" I started to open my mouth, but he cut me off again. "you're not breaking up with me, are you?!" His face was grief stricken and full of rage at the same time.

"No" I finally managed to get out.

"No?" Jason looked so outraged and confused right now.

"No Jason... I don't love you" I shook my head. "I've. Never. Loved. You." He took a deep breath, closing his eye's "I can't be with you" As soon as the words slipped out of my mouth, his eyes snapped back open, and he had the look on his face that I had always dreaded.

"That's all right, I can make you see sense again." His voice sadistic. "I can make you love me" he said more of a whisper. He took a few moire steps closer, trying to close the distance, but Ty stepped into his path and rammed his fist into his gut.

"You're not laying Your hand on her again" Ty hissed out then grabbed Jason by his collar and punched his face.

My breath had picked up and so did my heart rate at what had just happened in front of me, and It didn't help that I was already worked up over talking to Jason. by now, my heart was beating as fast as a humming bird's wings. then I hear running footsteps and turn my head to see garret emerging from the trees, I look over his face and catch sight of a busted lip and some blood on his clothes that's probably Nate's. He spots me and starts jogging my way.

"Dakota!" he called, trying to get around a wrestling Ty and Jason, when suddenly two set's of hands grab me and someone grabs Garret.

I start panicking when I fell hands on me, my heart trying to go faster that it already is, causing my breathing to come out ragged. My chest starts tightening up and I gasp for air, as I feel like walls are closing in on me. Tears come to my eye's as it become's painful, but I couldn't get it to stop.

"Let go!" I rasp out, trying to get whoever was holding my arms to drop me. I thrashed a little trying to get them to loosen their grip when Garret yell's. I look up to see that he broke free from Darren and was heading back towards me.

"Guy's! Let go of her! Can't you see she's freaking out!" he yell's at, who i'm assuming is, Shane and Luke. They let me go but it doesn't help, my lungs are still restricting me.

Ty turn's around and see Garret trying to come over towards me and leaves Jason who is currently gasping for air on the ground from behind chocked. Then he step's in front of me and blocks Garret's path. He stops where he is and let's Ty block him, but he looks over his shoulder at me, and when he's distracted Ty sock's him in the nose.

"ohw!" Garret hisses, then grabs his nose. "I guess I deserved that" he mutters, " but can't we deal with that later? She can't breath!" e gestured to me with the hand that wasn't holding his nose. Ty snap's his head around in my direction and then hurriedly squats down by me.

"Kota, you okay?" He asks worriedly and frantically. "I need you to calm down, take a deep breath" I nod and try, sucking air through my nose and then breathing out my mouth. It didn't seem to be helping a first, but then my heart calms down enough for me to start to breath normally. "Thank God" he whispered and kissed my forehead, I tried to smile at him and then Glanced over to see everyone looking at me, making sure I was okay.

I peaked around Ty to see Jason starting to get up from the ground, and he had a knife in his hand. Not any knife. But my knife, the one Ty gave me. I must have dropped it when I hugged Ty, and now Jason had it and he was heading our way. My eye's went wide and I tensed up, then started trying to get the words out.

"Ty-Ty! Jason, behind-" before I could finish the sentence, Ty snapped his body around just in time to see Garret Tackle Jason to the ground.

"Son of a- you freaking-" Jason started cussing at Garret, as he got jostled around till the knife came out of his hand. Ty moved from me and went over to Jason and Garret, then picked up the knife and examined it closely, then he looked over at me and then back to Garret.

"I got it from here" He told Garret, he got off of Jason and brushed himself off, then took a few steps bank and nodded at Ty. "you know..." Ty said, twirling the knife in his hands. "You're lucky that we already called the cops, otherwise you would be dead right now"

"Aren't I lucky?" Jason said sarcastically, then spit at Ty. As Ty was wiping the spit from his face, Jason kicked his foot outs catching Ty's hand and knocking the knife out of it.

Jason stood up then and tried to throw another kick at Ty, but he was able to deflect it. Suddenly Jason double kicked and ended up kicking Jason to the ground, he was on his hands and knees when Jason went around and tried to grab him over his shoulder. And hauling him to his feet. Ty's marine training kicked in and he grabbed Jason elbow and forced him down, making Jason fly over his should and land on his back. Then Ty kicked him in his stomach, then circled around letting Jason get up.

Jason was pissed off majorly at this Point and was just trying to tackle Ty to the ground. He charged at him with his Hans out, but Ty brought his hands up and deflected them and grabbed his shirt. He then used his weight and dropped to the ground, pulling Jason with him. As Ty was n his back, he brought his foot up and kicked Jason stomach with so much force that he flipped over Ty.

Ty stood up and dusted his legs of while Jason slowly got up, holding in a few grunts and turned to face Ty with fire in his eyes. This time he tried to use his kickboxing skills and was doing all different kinds of kicks and kick flip moves, but then when he got to Ty, he wasn't expecting him to just straight out nail him in the chest.

Jason collapsed to the ground from the blow and sucked in a ragged breath, then pounded the ground with his fist. He got up and charged at Ty again, but the time he kicked at the last second, hoping to land a hard blow to Ty's ribs, Ty grabbed his leg by wrapping his arm around it, causing Jason to be off balance. Then Ty took his leg and hook kicked Jason's leg he was standing on, causing him to land on his back. But Ty wasn't done, he then hooked his leg over Jason's and hugged it to his chest and dropped to the ground, then he pulled really hard, causing Jason to scream until I swear I heard a snap. Wether it was a break or a joint out of place, you could hear it loud and clear.

Ty got off of Jason and stood up and dusted himself off again, and watched as Jason grunted and rolled over to his stomach. He slowly got up and hobbled a little, then he popped his leg back into place with a grunt. He faced Ty, showing no evidence of relenting and the, charged at him again. Ty once again caught Jason's foot as he tried to Kick Him in the stomach, and let Jason hop there for a second.

Jason swung his fist at Ty as his leg was caught in his hold, but he didn't make any contact with Ty. Ty then pushed Jason by his leg causing him to almost fall to the ground, but this time Jason caught himself. He then gave Ty a hard glare and took a couple steps forwards, Ty was in synch with his movements, but right as Jason went to swing at him, Ty took an extra step and fell to the ground. He did a sort of tuck and roll move and knocked Jason to the ground.

Jason quickly got to his knees and grabbed Ty by his shirt who was still on his back. It looked like Jason has the upper hand for once, but then Ty brought out another move and grabbed Jason's arm and brought his legs up, wrapping his arm in a hold and then pushing down till Jason fell sideways and on his back.

Ty pulled on Jason's arm and pushed on it with his legs at the same time, and this time we all really did hear a snap. It was a loud pop mixed with a little crunch, and made me want to cringe. Jason screamed out in pain and Ty decided to let go, thinking that Jason would give up. Jason rolled over and got to his knees, but before he could get back up, Ty grabbed him in a choke hold. Jason started coughing and flailing about, both of his feet leaving the ground from Ty's hold. Then suddenly he started to close his eye, and Ty dropped him to the ground.

Ty's breath was a little harder than normal, but other than that he was hardly affected. He came over and dropped down by me, pulling me into his arms and just holding me there.

After a minute or so, Ty finally pulled back rested his forehead against mine. And it didn't seem like he wanted to move, but someone's questions made him snap his head around.

"So who are you?" Luke asked, I move my head to see it was Garret he was talking to.

"Garret, and you're?" He asked in return.

"Luke.. But you should be more concerned about who he is." Luke said, pointing to Tyler who was on his feet again and facing Garret with a stone face, not showing anything of what he was thinking. Garret squared off his shoulders and faced Ty, his eyes showing a hint of nervousness.

"I'm Tyler" Ty stuck his hand out, garret looked surprised at his offered hand and slowly took it. Once he did, Tyler pulled him closer, crushing his hand just slightly. "How do you know Jason?" He asked on a hard voice.

"We were sort of friends through my adoptive brother." He said in a strong voice. "My brother sorta set up to where he was staying at my house after he got out of prison.... I didn't know what he got convicted for... But I found out" his voice icy and cold.

"What do you mean?" Tyler narrowed his eyes at him.

"I didn't know he was bringing a girl till right before he got there, and it took me a while, but I figured it out why she acts the way she does around him." Garret's voice held so much pain in it, it made me want to ask him a thousand questions, but I held my tongue." I had a cousin in the same situation, she was like a sister"

"Was?" My voice suddenly came out before I could stop it. I remember him telling me about her, but he never said anything last tense. Garret's eyes snapped towards me and he nodded.

"She died, before I could get to her in time." He whispered. Then suddenly the argument he and Nate were having came back into my mind. "I couldn't stand to see anyone go through that, knowing I could help. I wouldn't want anyone to go through the pain I felt either." He said solemnly.

"He helped me escape Jason and Nate" I whispered, making Ty's head snap to me in confusion.

"Who's Nate?"

"Nate's my adoptive brother." He rubbed his hand on the back of his neck awkwardly. "He's the one who helped Jason get out of prison." He mumbled.

"You all right?" Ty suddenly asked me, recognizing the name.

"Dude, your girlfriend's bad A... She freaking pulled a knife out of nowhere and stabbed him" Garret chuckled.

"That's why there was blood on the knife." Ty mumbled to himself. And then suddenly there we police sirens, we saw the lights through the tree's and then we heard car doors open and people running over towards us.