Chapter 19.

"They're here!" My Mother squealed as she opened the door. "Happy birthday sweetie!" she pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Thanks- mom.... Can't breathe!" I gasped out.

"Sorry" she pulled away, then put her hand by her mouth. "Does it still hurt?" She asked worriedly. "Maybe we should have a doctor check you out. You know, I think Doctor Callahan will take a house call, maybe we should call him-"

"Mom!" I tried to get her attention. "Mom! I'm fine, seriously" but she kept going on about a doctor, so I placed my hands on her shoulders and made her look at me. "I'm. Fine. Seriously, mom" I said with a light laugh.

"Are you sure? because we can still get you check just to make sure-"

"I'm sure"

"Okay... well then, let's go eat!" she chirped happily, then she suddenly stopped and turned around to face Ty. "Tyler, do you know what times your parents are coming over for dessert?"

"I think my mom said 7, but I can call to make sure if you'd like?" he offered politely.

"Would you? That would be great, then I would know when to put the dessert in the oven " she said, placing a hand on his shoulder and gave him a motherly smile. "You're such a dear, Tyler" then she skipped back towards the kitchen.

"Hey mom, what time did you say that you will be over for dessert?"Tyler Asked into the phone. "7? Okay, love you too. Bye mom" he hung up the phone. "7 it is" he grinned at me.  Our food is probably getting cold" he said grabbing my hand, then leading the way to the kitchen.

"Tyler, my boy. It's been weeks too long since we've seen you!" My dad grinned, giving Ty a big o'l pat on the back. "You should come around more often"

"I'll definitely Try to, sir"

"Sir? You're making me feel old" My dad laughed.

"You are old honey" My mom said jokingly as she came into the dining room with plates of food.

"Shh, you're not supposed to let them know" My dad whispered loudly.

"To late." I said with a laugh.

"See! Now they know!" my dad said exasperated, throwing his hands out with a playful scowl on his face that was directed towards mom.

We all sat down at the table and started eating a delicious meal, cooked by my mom, and joked around some more. After dinner was finished, Mom went and out the dessert in the oven and hen came back to the table and she started asking me and Tyler questions.

"So how's school going?" She grins at me.

"It's good, Had a lot of fun this week," I said, then glanced over at Ty out of the corner of my eye.

"Would that have anything to do with your birthday week?"My Dad asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Of coarse! Why else?" I chuckled.

"I still don't know how they ended up letting you do that at a university." My mom shook her head laughing.

"It was easy, the principle from high school had received a promotion, and now he works at the university. He knew of mine and Dakota tradition, so he allowed it. He even help me set up some of it."Ty said amusedly.

"Really? He switched schools? You never told me that Dakota" My mom shoots a pointed look at me, but still has a smile on her face.