I shook my head. "Some thought it would ensure they would live, maybe that's why not many vampires turn people now, it's a weakness."

Just the thought of my maker being in pain had a shiver running up my spine and I forced myself to swallow back a noise of complaint before I went back to staring down at Marius, praying with every fiber of my being that he would suddenly wake up. 

My prayers, to my dismay, went unanswered. 

"What are you going to do?"

It was a question I had asked myself multiple times in the last seventy two hours and yet I had no clue how to answer it. My thoughts were a jumbled mess of memories, thoughts and worry. The lack of sleep didn't help but whenever I closed my eyes I was either put back to that night where Marius collapsed or thoughts of Cassandra invaded my mind. 

"I feel like I need to leave, to find her but... But I don't want to," My eyes welled with tears, "I can't just leave him like this, what if he wakes up and I'm not here? What if he thinks I didn't make it or I-I've left again?"

"He wouldn't be alone," Rosá lent in to kiss my cheek. "Everything would be fine, we would explain what happened and that you'd be back soon-"

"But what if I'm not? What if I leave and never see him again." 

She shook her head, dark curls bouncing. "That wont happen, you survived on your own for all that time before you came here, didn't you?" 

Almost reluctantly, I mumbled. "Well... Yeah... But-"

"No buts," Rosá caressed my cheek but it didn't comfort me like she had hoped. "You can do it if you believe in yourself, you never know, maybe your maker has just been wanting someone to talk to." 

I laughed, the sound foreign to my ears, "I doubt that very much, Cassandra is a woman of very few words."

She hummed in agreement before my thoughts began to wander some more. What was I going to do if she was going to be killed? What happens if I get there and it's just a trap? I shivered at the thought of meeting her so called mate. 

From what I had heard, he wasn't a nice man- no, not a man, a monster. He was evil to the core and angry at the world for everything and everyone in it. 

The sound of a phone buzzing brought me from my dwindling thoughts and I turned to find Rosá fumbling with her bag before answering it. Andrew's gruff voice and tinged accent reached my ears and I watched her light up with a beautiful smile. 

"...Yeah.... No just about to... Okay, sure.... Yep, mhmm... bye."

She hung up and that smile was still etched onto her face. I cocked an eyebrow. "Everything okay?"

"Very," Rosá bit her lower lip before putting her phone back into her bag and rising to her feet. She quickly brushed off her dress before giving me a hug, "I've got to dash, Andrew is taking me on a date but I'll be back later-"

"Don't rush, I'm not going anywhere just yet." 

"Are you sure?"

"I don't know... I feel horrible for leaving you here, I know you're going through a lot right now."

She was right, I felt like my world was falling apart but that didn't mean she had to stop her life to wait for me. 

Despite how heart broken and distraught I felt inside, I managed to give her a small, reassuring smile and she hugged me harder before heading towards the door. She pushed it open and turned to say something but I interrupted her, forcing a chuckle.