Epilogue ஜ

( Play Song On The Side ) 

Till this day, I am free of regret. I'm proud of everything I have done, including falling in love with Shane. The one thing I do regret is going to Spencer's party where, if you haven't forgetten, I was harrased by someone. I eventually did forgive him and ironically, he now happens to be one of my closet friends as he's lost his previously jerky attitude.

Me and my two crazy friends did end up going on that trip to London and let me tell you, it was awe-inspiring! After we returned, we parted and went to seperate colleges. Every day, we would call or skype each other so we never lost contact like Sydney indicated we would. The two of us still remain best friends. I'll explain why I implied the word two instead of three later on.

Sydney lives across the street to me with her husband- Spencer ( surprise, surprise..). They got married over ten years ago and are close to their eleventh anniversary. The couple are parents to two beautiful twin girls who are currently five years in age. Their daughters have inherited Spencer's genes and also his politeness. 

After the shock of finding out that Carla was, well is DealtWithPain_Girl ( she's still got an ever-evolving stream of followers), I managed to usher myself to talk to her. Surprisingly, she wasn't as bad as I thought she would be once I got to know her. She is also a very close friend of mine. She fell in love with a very handsome man called Gavin and they are also married. Carla is no longer considered a slut ( or a whore,prostitute,stripper,bitch etc ).

Kai lives in the same neighbourhood as me with Celeste. Celeste has fully recovered from her illness and she's come to my house to apologise numerous times for everything she had tried to do in the past. I forgave the poor girl straight away as it wasn't her fault in any perspective. 

The rest of the Andrews family have somewhat dissappeared. After that situation years ago, they were all led to be treated in a hospital for mentally disordered people. Sean was only hospitalized briefly and was soon released after the doctors realised that he was capable of looking after himself. I would have expected Shane to have the respect of apologising for what he did, intentionally or not - he never came and hasn't been since ever since that last night. I didn't care and I still don't.

Now, let's get back to what I was saying earlier. The reason I only called Sydney my best friend is because Alyssa passed away several years ago. She suffered from breast cancer and wasn't treated in time so she died. Tears are falling on the page as I write this but I know crying won't help. It never does. My dear friend is missed my everyone but most of all: by Adam.

I remember every single word she said to me while she had only a few minutes remaining on planet Earth.

Maya, I want you to be with Adam. He needs someone with him and I believe that person is you. He has loved you in the past so he'll be able to love you again. Please remind him that I'll still be with him- in his thoughts and that I love him. "  the heart monitor stopped beating after that.

She must have expressed the same words to Adam before she did to me because after the nurse informed me that Alyssa Parker was no longer, me and Adam held hands and cried together. We were soon joined by Sydney and Mrs Parker.

Like we were told to, me and Adam started dating and were hoping to get married soon. The truth was, it just didn't work: there was no love, no chemistry between the two of us. I felt as if the only reason I was with him was for Alyssa's sake. Which was true, at the time. I'm sure Adam endured the same feeling.

Soon though, we ultimately did fall in love. We got married and I was happy; he was happy. We were both happy. The reason that caused me to most gleeful was the the fact that I had rendered Alyssa by granting her last dying wish.

I recently had a baby boy. Unfourtunately he looks more like me than his father but he definitely does have a few of Adam's facial features. My parents come and visit us every week as we live pretty far away from them. After what happened with Shane attempting to murder me, my mum quit her job to give time for me and never set her eyes from my face.

I haven't cried in ages but today I just had to. I place a flower on Alyssa's grave and kiss my fingers subsequently planting them on the engraved letters which read ' Alyssa Parker  '. Streams of tears fall from my eyes as I recite that one phone call I shared with Alyssa when we were talking about our kids being best friends.

Sniffles and whimpers are all I can hear behind me. I'm not the only one who has come here today in rememberance of my friend's fourth death anniversary. There are many others inlcuding: Adam, Sydney, Spencer, their twins, Mrs Parker, Jordan, Carla and all of her friends.

Adam still loves her, I know it but I don't mind. I wouldn't say the same about me loving Shane because I honestly don't. My feelings for him disappeared several minutes after Amanda broke the truth about him and his family. 

To be honest, I'm quite glad that I fell for Shane Andrews because he's the reason I'm no longer the Maya Costello that I was twenty years ago. I'm someone else. Someone stronger. 

Shane added something to my list of endless experiences ( if he had succeeded with his plan I wouldn't be here right now, but let's put that thought aside).

If it weren't for my diary, I wouldn't have remembered much from my past but I guess luck has been with me all along, even though I never realised it.

I just want to say, don't give up on life because after every storm, there comes clear, open skies. Things will get better like they did for me.

" Do you think she's watching us right now? " asks Adam in soft,dense voice.

Without needing to think for very long, I say " I am sure of it. " and interwine my fingers with his. 

You may be thinking that this is the end but you're wrong, for my life has only just begun. Many more experiences lay ahead of me. I am looking forward to them all whether even the bad ones that are awaiting to arrive in my life.

This, is the end of my chapter. Yours is just beggining. 

****************************************************************************************************

UPDATE (2020): Thank you for reading this book. Lmao I can't believe that people actually make it this far considering how trash it is :DDD If you enjoyed this book then please check out my other book 'The Truth About Love'. It's ongoing but I update very regularly and I'm aiming to finish the book over the next month and a half :)

AKNOWLEDGEMENTS:

Firstly, I would thank you for choosing to travel this journey with me. I may not have much reads or votes, but I appreciate each and every single one I have received. 

You guys are awesome! ( I suck at speeches.. ) 

Thank you once again!

Now, if it weren't for @LanaMorgan, one of my best friends in real life, this epilogue probably wouldn't be here right now. There have been many times where I have felt like giving up on this story. She stopped me and I'm very grateful. Go check her work out, there's some good stuff going on there.

@holographic_illusion thanks for the amazing cover ( go to her thread, she does EPIC covers for free! ), I love it so much!

I don't know if I'll write anymore stories since I'll be busy with school, but if I I have any spare time, I will try to write something.

T H A N K Y O U! :*

Kelly x