Chapter Twenty

Me, Alyssa and Sydney, walk into shop after shop looking for our perfect prom dresses. Sydney already has hers but she's here to buy a dress for Spencer's party, which I still can't believe he invited me to. Me and Alyssa have decided to wear something from our closets to the party since the is is no where near as important as prom, that and we don't have enough money.

When ever I actually like a dress, it's either way too expensive or not avaliable in my size. I should have remembered that my shortness was not going to be an advantage while shopping for a prom dress, alright well I've noted that now.

I know I could go for a short dress instead of a long one but it's always been a dream of mine to go to prom wearing a beautiful long dress, looking like a princess but soon enough I realised that with a face like mine you can never look like a princess or anything of that sort.

" Look at this, isn't it amazing? " asks Alyssa holding a dress against her body to measure. I glance at it, if I weren't so short I would have bought it myself. I love it's baby blue colour and it's beautiful diamonds decorating the hem of the dress, although I'm pretty sure the diamonds aren't real.

" How much does it cost? " I wonder for no reason. Alyssa checks the price tag and nearly faints " 2,000 dollars! " she sighs. I guess the diamonds might as well be real at that price.

We get Sydney and walk out of the shop immediately. There's only one shop we haven't been to so this is our only hope or else it goes down to wearing something from our closets.

" Dream Teen Boutique, please don't let us down. " prays Alyssa crossing her fingers.

We walk in breathing into a lushious smell of expensive perfume. Already, I know the products here aren't going to be very cheap. Sydney looks for a working staff " Excuse me! " a young pretty woman with blonde hair and blue eyes and a figure to die for sashays over.

She looks at Sydney then Alyssa and at last me. Her eyes widen as if she knows me. " Maya? " she says. I look at her, confused. " Sorry, do I know you? "

" Yeah I'm Celeste, I'm sure you've heard of me. " she looks warily at Alyssa and Sydney. So this must me Shane and Sean's older sister. I smile at last " Oh hi! So we meet at last! "

Alyssa and Sydney stare at each other " So could you show us where the cheapest prom dresses are? " asks Sydney.

Celeste nods and walks us around the extremely high tech boutique. At last she stops in an area full of prom dresses. Sydney remarks each and every one of them where as Alyssa is already searching through piles and piles of dresses.

I walk over to the end bit of this particular area and look there. This must be where they sell dresses for 'slightly' short people like me. I start scavanging through the clothing rail for anything that I like. To be honest I think all of them are gorgeous but I'm looking for something unique.

I call over Celeste and ask for help. Again she gives me one of her flawless smiles and takes me to a small room. It's filled up with stacks of dresses. " They're all so pretty, I can't choose! " I remark. Celsete goes to a closet and takes out a dress on a hanger. I gasp.

It's the best I've seen today. A strapless long dress with glitter on top, a slightly lighter than gold colour and netting material to make it look delicate.

I jump up and down like a little girl and squeal. I wrap my arms around Celeste and say " Thank you! " before I let go. " I was hoping you'd come. " she says winking.

Before we both leave the small room, I thank her once again and go back to join Alyssa and Sydney. When Alyssa sees me she runs up to me and shows me the dress hanging from her left hand. It's very similar to the one in the previous shop except it has the diamonds on the top and it's strapless.