Chapter Thirteen

I look at myself in the mirror, in just I hate to say, my bra and underwear. If only I wasn't so fat and ugly. Why can't I be thin like Alyssa or Sydney. They eat LOTS but never get fat, which I think is very annoying. That's not the only thing I need to worry about. Turns out I've been too eased out and forgot how unlucky I am and how my life sucks. I got the worst news EVER this morning ( I'm kind of exaggerating ).

" Aren't you just so excited for the one direction concert next week?! " squealed Sydney flipping her fair hair as she bit into an apple.

" Uhm YES! I can't believe your parents actually bought us tickets to see them. They're totally amazing. Your parents, I mean and one direction!" exclaimed Alyssa, putting some books into her dusty locker. Right now they were acting like such girly girls. Especially talking like some. Although I was as excited as they both were, I didn't feel there was a reason to be so happy. At the end of the day, we were just ordinary girls and it was very unlikely that Harry Styles would walk over and ask one of us to marry him. I wish!

" Same, I can't wait! " I said, trying not to be a party pooper. I don't think my tone was believable enough because Sydney frowned and asked" What's wrong, don't you want to see them anymore? " I nodded my head vigorously and this made her giggle.

" It's next Friday right? " I asked to be clear. They both looked at me as if I was an alien from outer space. " DUH " said Alyssa.

I smacked my lips awkwardly while I walked to dance class which used to be Spanish class, well still is. The empty dance hall as usual ; was filled with music and as soon as I walked in, I went to find Shane and started dancing in our normal routine. My hands clasped into his sweaty palms and I twirled around lacking enthusiasm.

After many twirls and jumps the dance finally ended. Shane stared at me gawkily and I could feel his hot breath on my face, I tried my very best to control myself and in case this situation ended dodgily, I broke apart and stood as I ran my fingers through my thick black hair.

" AS ALWAYS, WELL DONE! DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE BIG PERFORMANCE NEXT WEEK ON FRIDAY! " Shouted Miss Duncan.

I gazed into the open air thoughtlessly before something struck me. Next Friday? There had GOT to be some sort of mistake her, it just can't be next Friday.

" Erm Miss Duncan? " she turned around and faced me smile cheesily.

" YES MAYA, AN EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE YOU AND WHAT'S IT'S NAME DID TODAY." she remarked carelessly, if that was even possible.

" I really can't be here next Friday. I've got something- really important. " I said 'seriously'.

" WELL I'M AFRAID YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO MAKE DO WITHOUT THAT 'REALLY IMPORTANT' THING BECAUSE I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR GRADES AND FRANKLY THIS PERFORMANCE TAKES NEARLY A QUARTER OF YOUR GRADES FOR THIS SEMESTER. " I gawped at her. Great! This is what I get for not being excited enough for the concert, I thought.

There was no way I was going to go to a concert and mess up my grades. I would never do that.

" Alright, thank you. I'm looking forward to it. " I said hiding my sadness.

And that my friends, is why my life absolutely sucks. To you, it might not seem that much of a big deal but for me it is. Ever since I was thirteen I've been dying to see that band. I see that it was just not meant to be.

I feel like crying but I just can't let the tears spill out. I know I'm not this weak and I won't waste my tears because of some stupid concert.

Oh what am I saying, the concert is not stupid. It means a lot to me. Just not as much as my grades.