Chapter Six

That was seriously awkward. Since when does he apologise to me? Since when does he even talk to me?! Okay I've got to admit: that has GOT to be the worst Spanish lesson I've ever had. Usually I'd have enjoyed the lesson but today I did not enjoy it at all!

I walk speedily through the corridor, gosh I don't want to see that boy ever again! Of course I will have to in a matter of time. Hmm.. I wonder how Adam's doing today, I hope he doesn't start to hang out with Shane. He's the first boy friend I've ever had. No not as in boyfriend, I mean boy frien-

" WATCH IT YOU BI*TCH! " shrieks Carla. Uhh, what just happened?

" What did I even do? " I ask innocently.

" You literally walked into me you and nearly crushed with your fat body! " she shouts.

I just roll my eyes at her and pick my books from the floor. Just before I leave, I give her a ' friendly ' smile and imitate her by sashaying.

You know the quote ' Don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey '? Yeah well I judge Carla and I don't want walk her so called journey since it's probably full of boys, belly tops and mini skirts. That girl does not deserve to live!

As I walk to my locker I catch a glimpse of Adam in the distance. I wave to him frantically like an idiot. He soon sees me and starts to walk over.

" Hey! " I say in a cheerful tone.

" Sup "

" What happened to the boy that likes pillow fights? " I ask.

" Shut up! " he says covering my mouth with his hand.

I make out " Oh sho am noo a cood dude en sfool and a childiff boy at home? " he gives me a weird look and uncovers my mouth.

" Oh so are you a cool dude in school and a childish boy at home? " I translate.

" Yeah pretty much " Adam gives me his very contagious grin and I soon start to grin as well.

" Your secrets safe with me. " I pretend to zip my mouth.

" Aww thank you! " he gets ' emotional ' and touches his heart.

I smile and he pulls me in for a hug. I burrow my face into his hoodie and wrap my arms around him. He has a natural smell and he doesn't smell of cheap deodorant: something I loathe. Wait why am I hugging a boy? He finally parts the hug in what seems like years and smiles at me.

" Maya, can I say something to you? "

I raise an eyebrow at him " Since when do you ask before you talk? "

He steps closer " You're still the prettiest girl I've seen "

You would have expected by now for me to blush. You're wrong. " Well then you should go to the opticians. "

" However many times I tell you; you're not gonna believe me are you? "

I shake my head. I open my locker and place my spanish books inside. As I shut the locker I can smell a familiar person walking past. When they walk past, I can smell that they're wearing way to much perfume. Usually, any normal person would use a spray or two but Carla here, I expect she uses a bottle a day by the way she smells.

" Hey, Adam. " She winks at him. I pretend to gag and twitch my nose.

Adam waves at her and she looks like she's going to faint. Luckily she doesn't walk over or anything. She seems to be hanging out with her ever evolving ' gang ' who only like her for popularity.

" Right lets go. " I finally say.

" Go where? "

I just sigh and start walking up a flight of stairs. Finally, I walk into the loud cafteria. In the cafeteria you can barely hear yourself think. There's a mixture of giggling, gossiping to wolf whistles. In the distance I can see a long line of people waiting for their lunch. Okay, I know that in a lot of movies, tv shows and books, it's known for the cafeteria food to be disgusting. But here it's not! Here the food is A-MAZING. I repeat A-MAZING. You don't have to worry about getting spit or buggers in the food. The lunch lady is a 100% trustable. Or 90% to the kids she doesn't like. Today we're having Beef Casserole. Not my favourite but it's better than nothing. I take a tray and put it in front of the counter. Mrs Hawkins, our luch lady, puts in the casserole on my tray and puts an extra bit. She winks at me and I smile at her aprreciativly, although I would have been perfectly fine without the extra bit.