Chapter 20 - Dead Man Walking

It was very hot outside, and the fact that your lover is technically a fire man, it didn't help.

But letting this little things slide, you were very happy to finally reach Alabasta.

Being a desert, and a kingdom on its own, it made you wonder what secrets are out there to reveal.

You could tell this kingdom had its own problems, and you would stay very happy if you wouldn't get involved with anyone.

In a few days, you guys managed to reach Nanohana.

"Okay, babe, I need to ask around for Luffy." Ace said before kissing your cheek.

"Yeah, I'm sure that his crew will tell a Whitebeard pirate, who is searching for their captain for who knows what reason, where he is." You said sarcastically, but of course Ace didn't notice your sarcasm.

After that, he left you all alone. You started to get bored so you decided to walk around the town.

"Damn... It's way too hot!" You said out loud.

You walked pass the shops near by. As you were walking down the street, you were stopped by a man.

"Excuse me, miss? Are you interested to live forever? Well I have an offer that you cannot refuse!" The man said as he showed off his 'gold and magical' apple.

Of course you figured out it was all fake.

"No sorry. I'm not looking forward to eat gold. Plus, I'm happy to live today. Why bother living forever? Where's the fun in all of that, if you can't live the moment?" You replied and then walked away.

You actually noticed Ace, who was near by, asking a woman for his brother while showing her Luffy's wanted poster.

You also noticed a guy with green hair examinating Ace. Probably a bounty hunter- wait...

Shit a bounty hunter! I'm not yet ready to die. Now that I think about it, I think I should've bought that magic apple!

On the other side, Zoro was looking at Ace's back.

"That mark..."

------------------

As you walked around the town to have a good look around, you immediately stoped when you saw a group of marines around the shops you were earlier at.

Oh shit... Why are this fuckers here?

Your stomach started growling a littlw too loud, which made a few marines turn around in the direction of the sound.

You quickly hid behind a wall and sighed.

"I need to find a restaurant." You said out loud.

------------------

Once you finally found a restaurant, you saw that there was a pretty big group of people standing in from of it.

You walked towards the crowd and asked if something happened.

"There's a man inside and he apparently died." A man explained to you as he tried to get a look inside.

"Died?" You repeated while raising one of your eyebrows in confusion.

"They say that he ate a Desert Strawberry. It's actually a spider that looks like a strawberry. Once you eat it, you'll die in just a few days and your corpse will spread poison. That's why no one is getting close to him."

You were somehow still confused. But then again, hearing that a man 'died' while eating and in the middle of an conversation it seemed way to familiar. Maybe too familiar.

You sighed and entered the restaurant.

Once you seen the 'corpse' you realized exactly what happened.

"Geez.." You said as you crossed your hands.

You took a deep breath and shook your head.

"It's horrible, isn't it?" A woman who was standing next to you asked.

"You have no clue."

You walked towards the 'dead body' and stood behind it.

"Wait! What are you doing? You'll be poisoned!" A man yelled trying to stop you.

"Yeah, I'll get poisoned from his bullshit. I'm so tiered of this." You said quietly, no one hearing you what you actually said.

You clenched your fist and then hit the man in the head really hard.

The man quickly woke up and looked around.

"He came back to life!" Everyone yelled.

"Y-you're alright?" A woman asked.

The man looked at her and then wimped his face from the food he had with her skirt. The woman screamed and then ran away.

"I can't believe you Ace! What's with you and falling asleep out of no where?"

"He fell asleep?!" Everone yelled in sync.

"What's with this guys? You hired entertainments?"

"We were worried for you!"

You giggled at everyone's reaction and then sat down next to Ace.

"Any luck in finding Luffy?" You asked as you took a bite out of his food.

Ace shook his head in disapproval. Once both of you finished eating, Ace took a deep breath.

"Aaah, Im full! He said with a smile on his face. "Oh by the way oyasan, you didn't happen to see this guy around here? He had black hair and wears a strawhat with him all the time."

Before the bartender could reply, a man who was smoking entered the bar.

"I guess you don't have a problem eating in public. Second Division commander of Whitebeard." The man said.

Both you and Ace turned around and saw a tall man who had cigar in his mouth.

"Portgas D. Ace."