Chapter 20

"Emma? Thanks for calling me back." Graham said. His Irish accent sounded perfect through the phone.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you about something." She said and took a shaky breath.

"What about? Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine. I just needed to talk to you, and I trust that you won't tell anybody."

"Of course not. It will stay between you and me."

"I would actually like to do this in person."

"Oh! Of course. Do you want me to pick you up?"

"No, no that's fine. Where are you?"

"I'm at the station. Meet me there?"

"Absolutely. I'll be there in about ten minutes."

"See you soon."

Emma hung up and finished her dinner, and fixed her hair and makeup, put on her shoes and jacket, and left the house. She was also sure to send a text to Killian to let him know that she wasn't at home. She quickly drove to the sheriff station and parked her bug, and met Graham at the door. He opened it for her and she walked in. They sat on the blue sofa next to one of the cells.

"What did you need to talk about?" He asked.

"It's about Killian, actually. I overheard him talking to Robin, and he implied that he isn't super excited about me having this baby. I can't do it alone. I don't want Killian mad at me either." She said.

"Well, have you told him about this?"

"I've talked to him about it, but he said that he doesn't care if the child isn't his, but I'm starting to wonder if he's only saying that because he knows that's what I want to hear."

Graham put his hand on her shoulder. "If Killian truly doesn't want you having this baby, I'll be here for you."

"I'm sorry, but I don't like you like that."

"Even if we are just friends. It doesn't matter. I'll be here for you."

Emma nodded. "You won't tell anyone, right?"

"You have my word."

"Thank you."

"It's what I do." He said with a shrug.

Emma looked down at her lap and bit her lip. She didn't notice that her hand was over her stomach in a protective manner. Her stomach was still flat, and she still had to make a doctor's appointment. Graham noticed her behavior. He put his finger under her chin and brought her gaze back up to him.

"Everything is going to be fine." He whispered.

She nodded again and stood up. "I should get back home."

"Of course." She started to walk away when he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. "I'll always be here for you."

Emma swallowed nervously and left the station. Graham watched as her bug disappeared into the darkness of the night. As Killian was getting back from the store, he noticed that there was a text from Emma. It stated that she had left the house, but it didn't say where she went. He shrugged it off and started to drive home. He was driving down the road when he saw her yellow Volkswagen Beetle parked in front of the sheriff's station. Rage filled his chest and he hit the gas and started speeding up so he could get home faster. He knew that he wouldn't get stopped by the sheriff or the deputy. They were both... Occupied.

He slammed the front door when he got home and went to the kitchen. He ripped the little black box out of his pocket and placed it on the counter. He opened it and a silver colored band sat inside. Little diamonds decorated the top and surrounded a bigger diamond. He felt betrayed. He was going to propose to the love of his life, and she was out with Graham. He picked the box up and threw it across the room in anger. Killian heard Emma's car pull up, and he ran over to the box that sat on the floor, but there was no ring inside.

'It must have fallen out when I threw it!' "You fucking idiot!" He scolded himself.

"Who's a fucking idiot?" Emma asked as she walked in.

He put the box in his pocket and went over to her. His anger seemed to dissipate as he looked at her. "Me, I lost something and I can't seem to find it."

"Well, let me help you look."

"No, no that's okay. Once I stop looking it will turn up."

"Yea, that seems to be the rule, doesn't it?"

"Yep." He chuckled nervously and sat down at the island. "Have you made an appointment yet? You know, for the baby."

"I was actually going to call in the morning."

"I'm sure if you just see Victor he can take care of it and we will be in, in the morning."

"True." Emma grabbed her phone from her pocket and dialed Ruby's number.

"Hey, Emma! Did you talk to Killian?" Ruby asked.

"I didn't yet but that's not why I called. I was wondering if Victor could take a look at the baby tomorrow. If he can't squeeze us in, it's fine." Emma said.

"Oh sure. Hang on a sec."

Emma heard Ruby and Victor talking. Killian was lost in his thoughts.

'What if Emma is cheating on me? What if she is just saying that the baby is Neal's, when it could be Graham's all along? No. You aren't going to think that poorly of Emma. She would never cheat on you. You love her and she loves you.'

While Killian was thinking, Emma made an appointment for the following morning with Victor. They would be able to tell when the due date is and how far she was along. She hung up and looked at her boyfriend. He was staring off into space. She snapped her fingers in front of his face and he jumped back, looking at her.

"Sorry, love. What did you say?"

"I didn't say anything. What were you thinking about?"

He sighed. "You're going to hate me."

"Try me."

"Are you cheating on me with Graham?" He finally asked.

"Of course not. I don't like him like that."

"I'm sorry, I just saw your car in front of the station, and I'm just so madly in love with you that I assumed the worst."

"I know how you feel. But, it's okay." Emma hugged him from behind and placed a kiss on his temple. "I'm going to bed. Come join me when you're done down here."

Killian nodded and watched as she went up into the bedroom.