Chapter Thirty-Four - World's Biggest Harlot Saves The Day. Or Not.

Start from the beginning

"Because the volunteer happened to be my father."

"You're father's a werewolf?" Stefan's eyes widened.

"Apparently so," I breathed.

"So? What's the problem with that then?" Damon said carelessly, seeming genuinely puzzled.

"The problem is that he's Lizzie's father," Stefan answered for me. "You would hate it if our father-"

"Don't play that game with me, Stefan," Damon insisted. "Our father was part of the process of you becoming a vampire. He gave his life to you, no matter how unwillingly he did so."

"Shut up!" I whispered. "Anyway, it's not my father that I'm worried about. I mean, it is, but it isn't. He's been a complete bastard to me, and I'll be happy to hand him over anytime. Besides, now that he knows my secret, he'll try to kill me anyway. What I am concerned about is the fact that we didn't find any vampires, and none of you guys deserve to die."

"Can't you go out tonight? Or tomorrow?"

"Already tried that with Klaus," I muttered. "He said he wants to keep the vampire and werewolf being used under observation. Something about about Damon's little rescue party last time..."

"Sorry," Damon grinned smugly. "I just couldn't help myself. Elena wanted me to play the hero, so I decided to play the hero for a change. Just at the wrong time."

"Don't we all know it," Stefan groaned.

"What to do then? We need a vampire, but there's no time to go and get one now."

"We could always put vampire Barbie up for adoption..." Damon hinted.

I must admit that that idea was tempting, but I shook my head. "That's too cruel."

"What ever happened to Rebekah?" Stefan interrupted.

"Barbie Klaus?" Damon grimaced. "I don't know. Didn't psycho vamp Mikael and his dearest brother Klaus  pair up and kill the other Originals? Other than Elijah, of course. We saved his sorry little arse. Then he went on to killing Mikael - biggest mistake ever. And that's coming from the man who's managed to write a long list of all his bad choices that happens to be as long as Santa's good list in those crappy films portraying that all kids are good little boys and girls. But where is Rebekah? Surely Klaus wouldn't kill his darling little sister... She was your ex-girlfriend, Stef. What did Klaus do with her? I mean, you were his best buddy. I would have thought that you of all people would know that bitch's location. Does she have a dagger in her heart? Is her heart completely detached from her body? So many questions, so little time..."

"Wait," I stopped them. "Who's Rebekah? Who's Barbie Klaus? What are you all on about? Am I supposed to understand this gibberish?"

"An unprofessional little twerp like yourself wouldn't understand out language," Damon teased. "Go and ask commando outside what happened to that spoilt little sister of his."

"No," I refused. "Do it yourself. In the meantime, I'm going to figure out how we can find a vampire to use in the sacrifice."

"Look no further," a chirpy voice drawled.

"Hello, Harlot," I mocked, not needing to turn around to know who it was being such a dickhead. "Are you saying that we can use you in this sacrifice shit?"

"Yes. I am saying that."

"Sorry, but I think that finding this 'Barbie Klaus' would be a much easier solution. Those girlfriends of yours that you have your secret lesbian threesomes with-" Damon snickered before letting me continue "-would never let us hand you over, no matter how willing we'd be."

"Don't let them decide," she said as if it were obvious. "This is my choice. I know what I 'm doing, Lizzie."

"Why are you doing it then?" I challenged.

"Because I'm bored of being here," she whined, stomping her feet. "This whole vampire thing is so damn complicated. Maybe, if I could just be killed, everything would be over. All of my problems would be solved in one simple solution."

"And what makes you think that witch bitch won't cast her voodoo to keep you in this place until you stop being so suicidal?" Damon raised his eyebrows at Caroline.

"Because I've already discussed this with them."

"They don't seem to be taking it too well. Can't you just hear their masses of tears dripping onto to the floor. Damn it. They owe me a new rug. And new floorboard."

"Look, Caroline," Stefan began to compromise. "Do you really think that this is reasonable? You can't be sacrificed. It's not morally right."

"I'm tired of morals!"

And then Caroline began to throw the tantrum that winded her up outside with Klaus, walking into the forest with a piece of rope tied around her neck like a leash. Father was in the same position, and he didn't protest. I could tell by his facial expression that he'd already figured out something wasn't going to change for the better.

As Bonnie and Elena were comforted by Stefan and Damon decided to hit the bottle again, I watched my father being tugged into the distance. A single tear rolled down my cheek, but I wiped it away. It wasn't fiar for me to get upset. Tomorrow would be the sacrifice, and I would watch my father die on whatever fancy alter Klaus was building. Tomorrow both of my parents would be erased from the Earth.

Tomorrow I would be an orphan.

Tomorrow I would be free.