Chapter Twenty-Six - Pathetic Little Twats, As Damon Said

Damon violently slammed the door, turning to face Elena with eyes that could burn through the most solid of materials. Klaus had left, and Stefan had collapsed onto the floor in a distraught mess. Tears didn't stop pouring from his bloodshot eyes. Elena was trying to comfort him, but he was pushing her away, refusing to even let her touch him.

I was slowly retreating from the three of them, unsure of what to say, where to go or what to do. Once again I was beginning to wonder where I stood in this mess. After all, it is their life. However, I should be there to help them instead of standing back and letting them risk their lives.

Live and let die, I told myself, remembering those words that I'd said to Elena only moments ago. Live and let die.

It had only been three or four years since father had explained to me what that phrase meant. Keep yourself alive and let everyone else die. Save your own skin, don't worry about the lives of others until you know that you'll be safe.

His words were imprinted in my mind, as clear as day. Live and let die. It seemed so appropriate, yet I couldn't bring myself to admit that what I wanted was to save my own skin. Why should I help save Elena's life? Wasn't she the one volunteering to be Klaus' food?

"Damon," I muttered. "Can I have a word?"

Damon glared at me, his wide eyes filled with confusion.

"Damon, please," I tried again. "Can I have a word?"

"You can have two," he growled. "Do one."

"Damon," Elena gasped, standing up straight and leaving Stefan to throw his head into his hands. "There's no need for that. This is my choice. Don't take it out on everyone else. This is what needs to be done. Klaus isn't going to leave us alone until he's got what he wants. We both know that. You know what happened last time. He used Jenna. You and Stefan got involved, and he used Jenna as the sacrificed vampire. Do you want that to happen again? Because when you tag along to watch my ass die again, your girlfriend could be the vampire sacrifice."

The entire house fell silent of voices, and I swear I could hear a tap dripping somewhere in the background, adding even more tension to the scene. Ugh. Dramatic moments have always put me on edge. I could feel my muscles tensing painstakingly and my jaw clenched together with unprofounded anger. The violence inside of me was hard to contain, and was slowly piercing it's way through my tough skin.

Damon was the first figure to interfere with the clear pathway up the stairs. He came up right in front of me, his eyes level with mine. His lips were parted as his face drew up towards me. Then his tongue was tracing the edge of my lips, and I unwillingly shivered at the taste of brandy in his breath. Damon somehow had the power of making me do that a lot, even when whatever he was doing was not that pleasurable.

I heard Elena grunt with disgust, but I managed to brush that off as Damon's hands lifted up the back of the baggy sweatshirt I was wearing. His long fingers lightly caressed the small of my back, and, with that, goosebumps rose from my skin.

"Get a room," Stefan choked through his tears.

"Gladly," Damon smirked, making my knees give way and carrying me up to his room. And I thought that he was stupid enough to fuck me on the staircase, right there and then. Although Elena's face would have been priceless, my self-consciousness would have taken over and Damon would have dumped me there and then for refusing to have sex with him.

Once upstairs I was thrown on the bed, and before I could change positions, Damon was on top of me, his knees pressing against my hips in an awkward straddle. He literally tore my jumped from my body and threw the torn fabric across the room. I did the same to his plain black shirt, but, before I threw it on the floor, I used my sharpened teeth to bite the shirt into shreds. He hissed at me, then ran his lips along my collar bone.

My hand shot up and locked into Damon's thick head of hair. I pushed his head right against me, groaning all the while. Damon's fangs pressed into my skin, but they immediately retracted. I figured that sex for Damon generally included murder and spilled blood. Not to mention the compulsion, the manipulation and whatever other crap vampire-human sex included.

"Sorry about that. I'm new at this," he murmured, his hands tracing the lines of my ribcage.

"You're new at shagging?" I asked doubtfully between desperate, much needed breaths.

"Kind of," he replied, peeling off his jeans while trying to keep his full body weight from collapsing on top of my struggling torso. "It's complicated."

"How can sex be complicated? Unless one of the active participants has AIDS or something, of course... But, with the fact that you're a vampire and can neither give nor receive that kind of thing, you should be fine, right?"

"Why are we having a conversation about AIDS right at this moment?" Damon inquired.

"Fuck knows," I half-yelled. Damon's hands were bringing my thighs up around his waist. Sweat as beading on my forehead, and Damon reached up to wipe it away while continuing to make me shiver and sigh with ease.

"What about you, huh? You were hardly a virgin before I met you," he stated.

"It's complicated," I decided after a long pause, where the only thing to be heard was my ragged breathing.

"I bet it was," Damon agreed. "Human relationships are crap. I should know. Back in the day I was in a relationship with the world's biggest bitch-whore."

"I've heard that story before." Damon took that moment to tear off the remainder of my clothes and skillfully drape them over the headboard.

Then the door was kicked open and a feminine gasp echoed throughout the room.

"Bonnie!" I screamed, reaching down the bed and pulling the sheets up around Damon and I. Bonnie had her hands covering her eyes, and Damon was muttering about "pathetic little twats" under his breath.

"Damon," Elena said, coming up behind Bonnie. "Get dressed then get your sorry little arse downstairs. Now."

The two girls closed the door behind them and left Damon and I to do whatever we had to do. We were dressed in a matter of seconds; Damon pulling another black shirt and another pair of jeans from his wardrobe and handing me an old tee and jog bottoms. They were large on me, but they served their purpose.

When we reached the living room, Stefan was nowhere to be seen.

"What do you want, Gilbert?" I sighed, settling down on the sofa.

"Yeah, Gilbert," Damon said scornfully. "What do you want? You interrupted some pretty good making out back there. You always have been a kill-joy. I thought that, after our little banging session back in the summer you would have changed your suicidal ways."

"And it seems like the incredible Damon Salvatore couldn't be more wrong," Bonnie snapped.

"Chill, Bennett. Come on! Lighten up a bit. Ugh. How does Jeremy still put up with you?" I teased.

"That's irrelevant," sha said defensively. "We need to talk about the matter at hand."

"Don't you think Saint Stefan should be present for that?" Damon interjected. "After all, it is his girlfriend we're sacrificing."

"You know why I'm doing it, Damon," Elena mumbled. "Don't act like I'm an idiot. We both know that this is what needs to be done. Please, accept that."

"Elena," Bonnie said. "I agree with Damon. Why are you doing this? Why are you letting him sacrifice you again? He should make do with the consequences of his actions. You shouldn't be giving over to him. Please, Elena. Don't do this."

"Did I mention that he wants to you be his witch?" I interrupted, folding my arms across my chest. Everyone in the room turned to stare at me. I cocked an eyebrow at them, a smile forming on my lips.

"I'm not doing it," Bonnie protested. "Not when Elena's the one being killed."

"I've made another choice, anyway," Elena announced, raising her voice. "And it's one Stefan should enjoy."

"And what would that be? Are you going to give him apologetic sex or something?" Damon tried to guess.

"No," she said, shaking her head. "I'll drink Stefan's blood and then, once Klaus has killed me, I'll wake up a vampire and spend an eternity with Stefan."

Beside me, Damon let out a long growl.