Part Six - Pre-Date Nerves!

"So, what's bothering you then?" Kelsey asked as we sat down at a table hidden in the corner with our mugs on our hands.

"It's probably nothing, but Nathan asked me if he could take me on  date tonight...." I started, to which Kelsey just smiled at me.

"And? Is there a problem with that?" Kelsey chuckled.

"Does he already have a girlfriend?" I asked bluntly, just wanting to know if it was worth going on this date with Nathan, or if it was a waste of time because he was just going to leave me again as soon as he girlfriend came running back to him for more.

"They've been on and off with each other for so long now, that I really don't think there's anything left to even call a relationship. There is no love between the pair of them, only constant arguments and the pair of them annoying each other." Kelsey explained to me at the same time as she typed some reply to someone on her phone; I guess she was probably talking to Tom at the same time and I would hear about this from him later on.

"So, should I go on this date with him or not?" I questioned.

"Look, if he didn't want to go on a date with you, then he never would have asked you, so he obviously wants something from you. And we all know just how much you like Nathan, so you would be an idiot to turn him down." Kelsey grinned.

"You really think he likes me then?" I replied as a feeling of happiness began building up on the inside of me and there was something that I had never felt before.

It was the feeling that I was actually wanted by someone, and they didn't just want to use me for a one night stand, they actually want me. They wanted to be seen out with me, and they weren't afraid to tell people about it either because they wanted people to know that we were together. They actually liked me for who I was and they didn't want me to change.

I had never felt this feeling before, and I loved the way that I felt because it was absolutely amazing!

"From what I heard about last night, he definitely likes you. I hear he stopped you from going off with some other guy?" Kelsey chuckled.

"Yeah. He basically used his jealousy to stop me from disappearing with some guy. Shall we just say that me and Nathan both had an amazing time last night." I blushed slightly as I spoke, but I didn't really care, because it was the truth.

"I didn't need you to tell me that, Tom told me that he heard the two of you when he was trying to get out the back for a smoke." Kelsey replied before she burst out laughing, clearly finding it hilarious while I found it nothing more other than awkward that Tom had heard me and Nathan; but he had decided that he wasn't going to tell me that part when he text me this morning.

"Anyway, I need your help picking an outfit for the date. I've never been on a proper date, so I have no idea how to dress." I chuckled, quickly changing the subject to some much more appropriate and less awkward for me.

"Of course I'll help you. I'll make sure you look so irresistible that Nathan has no idea what has hit him." Kelsey replied.

*

"Are you sure this is the outfit?" I asked, checking myself in the mirror for about the fifth time since I had put it on.

"Trust me, Nathan will have a heart attack when he sees you dressed like that." Kelsey chuckled as she continued to style my hair so that it matched the outfit that I was wearing.

"I just, I don't know. I'm not sure that this is me, and I'm not sure Nathan is going to like it." I replied nervously.

It wasn't really something that I usually wore, because I was used to dressing to impress many different men, not just the one guy. And I didn't want to make it look like I was trying too hard to make him like me even more, when that wasn't the case.