Chapter 36

-Tristan's POV-
I didn't want it to be true. It couldn't be true. She couldn't leave me. I loved her. She loved me. Why couldn't I have just been able to give her what she needs? I always knew she waned a family. I could give her one, but she didn't want to be a vampire, and she certainly didn't want vampire children. Nobody could convince her otherwise, especially me. That was the problem. A vampire could only produce vampire offspring. The birthing process itself could kill Jenna, especially if she is still human when it happens. I couldn't let her go through that. I wouldn't forgive myself if she died. That was the only reason that I let her go. I shouted for her, hoping she might turn around, but I didn't run for her. I couldn't force her back to me, and I knew how hard it was for her to leave. She had nowhere to go. I would let her have the house. If she was happy, I would move back home. Not wanting to call and hear her voice, I sent her a quick text.

Jenna,
You can have the house, you can have everything. I'll move back home and collect my things when you aren't there
Goodbye my love, my sweet and beautiful Jenna xx

It was the last thing that I wanted to say to her, goodbye. It was always the hardest word to say. I'm not quoting the song. She read the text, barely a few seconds after I pressed send. She didn't reply. Ever. I didn't expect a reply. I didn't need one. I needed her. She was the only thing I needed, and the only thing I couldn't have. She deserved a normal life, and I was going to get her one. For her to live a happy life, I would have to guarantee that her boyfriend was perfect. If he hurt her, I would kill him. If her friends betrayed her, I'd kill them. She would never know my plans or what I would do to those that hurt her, but she would be happy. I just have to stay away from her. We can go back to school, finish the year, then be rid of each other. Far away from each other, but safe. We would be safe.

-Jenna's POV-
Why didn't he run after me? If he had run to me, I would have gone straight back to him and never left. I just wanted him to run to me. I wanted him to stop me. I wanted to know how much he loved me, how much he needed me. I wanted him to know how much I loved him, how much I needed him. Obviously not enough for him to stop me. I knew must decision was extreme, but I was right. I wanted a family, and Tristan couldn't give me a normal family. I would have sacrificed that for him, if only he had stopped me. As soon as I was around the corner, I slid down the wall and broke down in tears. Choking on my fast breathing, my chest puffed as I tried to calm myself down. BEEP BEEP. A text from him. From Tristan.

Jenna,
You can have the house, you can have everything. I'll move back home and collect my things when you aren't there.
Goodbye my love, my sweet and beautiful Jenna xx

He couldn't do that to me. He couldn't make me feel guilty. He shouldn't. It broke my heart to leave him. The mark had been removed, but I didn't want to leave his side. I wanted to be sired to him, just to be next to him again. I had made the biggest mistake of my life, and I couldn't do a thing about it. SHIT! I stood up and punched the brick wall with all my might, shattering my knuckles.

"FUCK!" I screamed, cradling my extremely broken hand. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck." I muttered under my breath, pacing back and forth, before making my way to the hospital. Wait. I couldn't go back there. Sighing, I dragged myself home, unsure what to do with broken knuckles. Unlocking the door, I slammed it shut behind me and made my way over to the computer. How to dress broken knuckles. Hundreds of results popped up, but a full hand cast was the most popular option. I called Lauren, asking her to bring her first aid kit. She seemed hesitant, but I knew she'd help me. She always did.

****

Ten minutes flew by, before a loud knock pounded on the front door. Pulling my broken hand to my chest, I opened the door.

"How the actual hell did you brake every single knuckle on your left hand?" She rolled her eyes, pushing past me. I pushed the door shut, and made my way over to the sofa, where she had happily sat herself down.

"I punched a wall." I grinned, ignoring the agonising pain that had begun to shoot up my arm.

"I'm not even going to ask. Let me just bandage you up then, stupid." She smiled, carefully pulling my hand onto her lap. Within 5 minutes, it was fully bandaged. "Keep this sling on all day, except when you sleep. And don't take off your bandages until I say it's time to change them.... You should have just gone to a hospital." She sighed, pulling me into a sympathetic hug. "Stay safe." She whispered, before leaving. Laying back on the sofa, I closed my eyes, not wanting to cry anymore, I just wanted to sleep. Forever.

~~~~
If you hadn't guessed, it's really late and I am also tired, so I'm ending the chapter here, I hope you like my little twist. So much emotion. I hope you guys like it. There has been a demand for me to work faster. I'm doing a lot of this on my own, Emily is too busy. Please forgive my sloppy writing for now. I'm sure she'll update at some point.

Sotc: Bonnie & Clyde by DEAN

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

Enjoy
-A